“Relaxing”

Comfort Suites Rolla
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I was amazed by the wonderful customer service my family received at this hotel. Brett was very welcoming and knowledgeable while checking in. Our room was very clean and spacious. The breakfast was tasty and had several options to choose from. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to all who are planning a trip to Rolla Missouri.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Smanda13
Alissa M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you for the review. We know you have options when coming to Rolla, and we are so happy you choose to stay with us at the Comfort Suites. Brett is a great addition to our team and excells in customer service. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again! We love having you here!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

PROS:
--Room on the 3rd floor was quiet and clean
--Beyond just a "microwave & refrigerator" there is also countertop/cabinet and a kitchen sink
--Flat screen TV, good a/c, comfortable bed
--Good shower with adjustable Waterpik shower head that actually adjusted
--Hot decaf and a few leftover breakfast "snacks" available adjacent to lobby at evening check in
--No wifi problems
--Nice outdoor seating area with water feature off of breakfast room
--Seemed like a good selection of breakfast items, although there were no gluten-free cereals and no grits
--Piping hot coffee at breakfast
--Pleasant view of undeveloped land beyond the motel out my window
--Somebody was thinking! Ice machine and vending machines are in the same "nook" as the elevator, so all the noise-makers are in one place instead of up and down the hall. AND they installed a shield over the wall a/c vents in the room so the air doesn't go up the draperies instead of into the room.
CONS:
--The young man at check in could be replaced by a kiosk. Although he did deliver the required service and information, he clearly had no personal interest in genuinely welcoming a traveler who was exhausted from a long day of driving that had chosen to spend hard-earned dollars at this motel. He rattled off his script, got distracted looking at other people in the lobby, never made eye contact. Pretty irritating - a kiosk would have been less so.
--Bathroom was small with very little clearance between door and toilet.
--Bathroom sink drained very slowly (reported at desk on departure)
--Half-size pillows on bed - would prefer full size.
--TV blasting at high volume in breakfast room. Who needs that before coffee??
--Strong smells in hallway and room. I don't know if they just remodeled or something, but the hallway on the third floor smelled like industrial glue. And the room smelled strongly of scented something - cleaning products, air "freshener"? I don't know. But for someone like myself who has allergies to much of that scented stuff, it was most unpleasant and caused an intense headache. It's always nice when someone understands what "allergy-free" means when you request it, but that wasn't my experience here.

Overall a decent experience, but I felt it was a bit overpriced for the quality of the property and the lack of hospitality. Might stay again if I got a better rate.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Alissa M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thank you for the review. We know you have options when coming to Rolla, and we are so happy you choose to stay with us at the Comfort Suites. With that said, I am very sorry you experienced what you did with my guest services agent. We do have new team members, and although I appreciate he was knowledgeable, I apologize for the disconnect. We strive to do our best when it comes to making our guests feel welcome. I do hope you will consider giving us another try and thank you again! We love having you here!
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We chose to stay for a weekend visit. The room was fine and our request for a King on the back was taken care of. The room had an unpleasant smell (a smokers smell). The front desk was apologetic and offered to take care of the issue. We agreed to try an air purifier. The smell seemed to be taken care of initially but returned. The hotel is ok but across the highway is the Baymont which did look to be a bit nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back, there is a nice view of the countryside. I would see the room first and...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Alissa M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry for your experience in our hotel. I am confident if we could have switched you into another room, your experience would have been a bit more pleasant. Even though we are a smoke-free property, we do at times have those who disregard our request. I am sure you noticed that we are an all suite hotel (our neighbors across the highway are not). Our property is constantly improving and I hope you will give us another try. We hope to see you again soon and thank you again, for your review. We love having you here!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a funeral and the employees were so nice to us. The funeral was at 10 am on the day of our check out and they allowed us a late check out so we could all come back and change before our 6 hour drive home. The beds were comfy, the free breakfast was great and it was very quiet and relaxing. The pool kept our kiddos content. Overall a great stay and I will be back!

• Stayed August 2013
Alissa M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for the review. We are very sorry for the reason you had to visit Rolla, but so happy you choose to stay with us at the Comfort Suites. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again! We love having you here!
Plano, Texas, USA
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I am only half way through my stay, but due to extraordinary circumstances I felt compelled to go ahead and write this review. Late in the evening, my son had an "Exorcism-worthy" vomiting episode. I called the front desk and they provided me with another room without hesitation. Both rooms were very clean, as was the lobby, halls and pool. The staff is courteous and friendly. The rooms and bathroom are spacious. I'm glad we chose to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
Alissa M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Thank you for the review. We know you have options when coming to Rolla, and we are so happy you choose to stay with us at the Comfort Suites. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again! We love having you here!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 August 2013

A wonderful stop for overnight. The hotel was clean, check in was smooth -- the person at the desk was friendly and gave all the pertinent information. Arrived after dinner, but snacks were still available -- including hot coffee, cookies, cheese and crackers, etc. Breakfast was good. Probably the only complaint was that breakfast didn't start until 6:30 -- definitely would have preferred 6:00. We definitely stay here again when passing through Rolla.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review. I am thrilled to hear that we made your stay comfortable. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again! We love having you here!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I really enjoyed my stay, the room was clean and had all the amenities that I needed to be comfortable. I really enjoyed being able to snack on fruit in the evening. The MOST important thing, however, is that their customer service was phenomenal! Genuine smiles and pleasant attitudes really made me "believe" I was as welcomed as a guest. Thank you very much. The only not-so-great things are that there were several children that were rather loud in the hallway (before 10 PM) and that there were no restaurants I felt I could safely walk to. This are minor issues and I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: The hotel is off I-44, my room faced the interstate and I heard no traffic noise, so I don't thi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the review. We know you have options when coming to Rolla, and we are so happy you choose to stay with us at the Comfort Suites. I am thrilled to hear that we made your stay comfortable. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again! We love having you here!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolla
Baymont Inn & Suites Rolla
#3 of 13 in Rolla
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
#1 of 1 in Saint James

Been to Comfort Suites Rolla? Share your experiences!