Comfort Suites Rolla
Super 8 Rolla(Rolla)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$65
US$101
US$93
Priceline
All reviewscookiessnack mixking suiteshower headbreakfast itemsgreat breakfastnice hotelsausagenext morningroom was spaciousgreat place to stayhot tubfridge and microwavethe breakfast areastaff was very friendlywould stay here againcomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We recently stayed one night here. Our room was recently renovated and very nice with an exceptionally comfortable bed. Our room was on the top floor and quiet. The breakfast was good with typical choices of egg, cereal, bagels, and waffles. We will plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor is usually quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Alissa M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for the review. We know you have options when coming to Rolla, and we are so happy you choose to stay with us at the Comfort Suites. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again! We love having you here!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Having just spent a week at a Comfort Inn in Fort Smith, AR, that was spacious, clean, tastefully decorated and extremely comfortable, we were very disappointed to check into this Comfort Suites on our way home and find it so far beneath our prior experience with this chain.

First we were given a room on the 3rd floor that clearly was being worked on by maintenance, as evidenced by the multiple plastic wrappings on the floor and bed, screw laying on nightstand, white stuff all over carpet and rumpled bedding. We were then redirected to a room on the first floor and given keys that did not work. Once we got into the room, the only positive is that it was fairly clean. The room clearly showed the hotel's age both in decor and quality of furnishings. The couch sagged so bad that you could only really sit in the very middle without leaning terribly. The beds and pillows were terribly uncomfortable. There was no TV in the 'suite' area where the couch and table/chairs was located so you had to angle the TV in the bedroom area sideways so that it could be seen from the couch. The bathroom was so small that the door missed opening into the toilet by only about an inch and none of the electrical outlets in the bathroom worked.

On the positive, the front desk clerk was friendly, the hotel offered evening snacks that were good and their breakfast options were sufficient and the food was good.

Although I generally like the Comfort Inn & Suites chain, I would definitely NOT stay at this hotel again. I would go next door and try the Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Alissa M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for the review. We know you have options when coming to Rolla, and we are so happy you choose to stay with us at the Comfort Suites. Our hotel has been in the middle of renovations and I am very sorry you were given a room showing that work going on. Very soon, we will be switching out our bedding and pillows, have new desk chairs and some new sofas. I do hope you will consider giving us another try and thank you again. We love having you here!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I was amazed by the wonderful customer service my family received at this hotel. Brett was very welcoming and knowledgeable while checking in. Our room was very clean and spacious. The breakfast was tasty and had several options to choose from. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to all who are planning a trip to Rolla Missouri.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Smanda13
Alissa M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for the review. We know you have options when coming to Rolla, and we are so happy you choose to stay with us at the Comfort Suites. Brett is a great addition to our team and excells in customer service. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again! We love having you here!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

PROS:
--Room on the 3rd floor was quiet and clean
--Beyond just a "microwave & refrigerator" there is also countertop/cabinet and a kitchen sink
--Flat screen TV, good a/c, comfortable bed
--Good shower with adjustable Waterpik shower head that actually adjusted
--Hot decaf and a few leftover breakfast "snacks" available adjacent to lobby at evening check in
--No wifi problems
--Nice outdoor seating area with water feature off of breakfast room
--Seemed like a good selection of breakfast items, although there were no gluten-free cereals and no grits
--Piping hot coffee at breakfast
--Pleasant view of undeveloped land beyond the motel out my window
--Somebody was thinking! Ice machine and vending machines are in the same "nook" as the elevator, so all the noise-makers are in one place instead of up and down the hall. AND they installed a shield over the wall a/c vents in the room so the air doesn't go up the draperies instead of into the room.
CONS:
--The young man at check in could be replaced by a kiosk. Although he did deliver the required service and information, he clearly had no personal interest in genuinely welcoming a traveler who was exhausted from a long day of driving that had chosen to spend hard-earned dollars at this motel. He rattled off his script, got distracted looking at other people in the lobby, never made eye contact. Pretty irritating - a kiosk would have been less so.
--Bathroom was small with very little clearance between door and toilet.
--Bathroom sink drained very slowly (reported at desk on departure)
--Half-size pillows on bed - would prefer full size.
--TV blasting at high volume in breakfast room. Who needs that before coffee??
--Strong smells in hallway and room. I don't know if they just remodeled or something, but the hallway on the third floor smelled like industrial glue. And the room smelled strongly of scented something - cleaning products, air "freshener"? I don't know. But for someone like myself who has allergies to much of that scented stuff, it was most unpleasant and caused an intense headache. It's always nice when someone understands what "allergy-free" means when you request it, but that wasn't my experience here.

Overall a decent experience, but I felt it was a bit overpriced for the quality of the property and the lack of hospitality. Might stay again if I got a better rate.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Alissa M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for the review. We know you have options when coming to Rolla, and we are so happy you choose to stay with us at the Comfort Suites. With that said, I am very sorry you experienced what you did with my guest services agent. We do have new team members, and although I appreciate he was knowledgeable, I apologize for the disconnect. We strive to do our best when it comes to making our guests feel welcome. I do hope you will consider giving us another try and thank you again! We love having you here!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We chose to stay for a weekend visit. The room was fine and our request for a King on the back was taken care of. The room had an unpleasant smell (a smokers smell). The front desk was apologetic and offered to take care of the issue. We agreed to try an air purifier. The smell seemed to be taken care of initially but returned. The hotel is ok but across the highway is the Baymont which did look to be a bit nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back, there is a nice view of the countryside. I would see the room first and make sure it does not smell stale or of smoke.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Alissa M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry for your experience in our hotel. I am confident if we could have switched you into another room, your experience would have been a bit more pleasant. Even though we are a smoke-free property, we do at times have those who disregard our request. I am sure you noticed that we are an all suite hotel (our neighbors across the highway are not). Our property is constantly improving and I hope you will give us another try. We hope to see you again soon and thank you again, for your review. We love having you here!