“okay for short stay”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
columbus
“okay for short stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

As good as the other two Best Western's I stayed at on our western tour, with the exception of the breakfast menu. Needs serious re-vamp. The one's in CO, and Ks, were a better deal. Location is good, parking is ample.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tina N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Coachlight, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Coachlight Rolla, as well as thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your stay. Sorry about your experience with our breakfast, but the great news is that we are in the process of revamping it as you previously suggested. I appreciate you taking your time out in providing us with input on how to make future guests experiences better!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pasadena, CA, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I appreciate pet friendly hotels like Coachlight as my wife and I travel extensively with our two yorkies. We have stayed there before and always have a very good experience. From check-in to check-out, everything was designed for our comfort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tina N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Coachlight, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Coachlight Rolla, as well as thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your stay. We were happy for being able to provide you with a room for you and your wife, as well as your Yorkies. I hope to see you all soon again as we appreciate your loyalty and business.
Lamar, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Booked room online, wanted non-smoking, found out after booking that they only had smoking. The good thing is, even though it was smoking, it did not really smell like a smoking room. It was clean. The location was good and served its purpose. I would stay there again (non smoking).

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tina N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Coachlight, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Coachlight Rolla, as well as thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your stay. We are sorry for not being able to provide you with a non-smoking room. What tends to happen is that other booking agencies cannot discern what types of rooms we have still available to rent, therefore they just put you in a room that they think is the room you are needing. It is an ongoing process with these other sites and I hope it does not sway you with choosing us as your place to stay in Rolla. Thank you once again for the review.
Decatur, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here as a stop over from a long drive. The rooms are very outdated but looked clean. We were very tired and went straight to bed. So on to the morning. We were woke up by loud banging by the hotel maintenance crew doing concrete work around 7:00 a.m. Okay, that was annoying as we would have liked to sleep in but now that we are up we take our showers and decided to try the breakfast. Not much in that experience either, McDonald's is cheap and easy so no problem we will just go there before getting back on the road. Went back to the room and sat on the edge of the bed and noticed a blood stain. To think I slept on that side of the bed too! Not acceptable in any way shape or form no matter what level of hotel or motel stay. Called the front desk and was told all that could be done was discount the room. Well I have contacted and wrote a complaint to Best Western as I feel a discount is unsatisfactory! A refund should have been given right then it is blood. Have they ever heard of blood borne pathogens?!?! Simply mortified and disgusted! I took a picture and would post but I am not seeing where I can do this with using my IPad app. If I figure it out believe me I will!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Tina N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Coachlight, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Coachlight Rolla, as well as thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your stay. I would first like to say, I am very sorry for failing you the guest. It is not a common habitude that we find ourselves lacking in the most simplistic of areas. Though it may be too late I feel you are owed a very public and humble apology. These are not standards of the Best Western brand, my staff, or me. This is a genuine apology and I hope you accept our apology. As part of the new management it is a goal to provide our guests with the best possible service available to us. If you wish to contact me personally Joe R to discuss this further, the number is 573-341-2511.
milwaukee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Loved this hotel. We did not know where we were going to be at the end of our day and we ended up Coachlight ! So glad we did. Check in staff was helpful on all the area happenings and restraunts. Room was clean, neat and comfortable. Breakfast was a little more then continental which we did expect, danish was not good, but everything was great! DOG friendly. Rates Great. If you are looking for a swimming pool, this hotel does not have one, which they they did advertise as not having one. We needed some personal toileties in the A.M. for ours was accidently left in the last hotel we stayed 600 miles away. Went to staff member and asked if they could be of assistance and YES, they were able to help with all needed to make our last day on the road a very nice one! Yes we would stay here again

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Coachlight Rolla, as well as thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your stay. We are so happy that your stay was enjoyable! I'm sorry our pool wasn't open yet. Since it is an outdoor pool it is seasonal. Also, I am in the process of changing our types of danish we offer, so hopefully you will be able to sample when you come through next. Thank you again and sorry for the lateness in my response.
Ottawa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Motel was very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed at this motel because it was about the right distance for us to stop for the night on our trip from Midland Texas to Illinois. The price was reasonable and it was pet friendly. I had my son's dog so that was important. Best Western motels seem to have more per friendly motels than most other motel chains I have stayed at or checked on. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was average. Only hot breakfast were the waffles and maybe hot cereal. The breakfast was adequate for a quick bite before getting back on the road. It got us through until lunch. I would stay here again if happen to find myself in the area and in need of a place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Coachlight Rolla, as well as thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your stay. We are striving ourselves to offer the best value and service in the area. Your input on your stay was invaluable and I will be sure to pass it on to my staff. Thank you again and I apologize for being late in response to your review.
st. louis, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

on a return trip from buying a new car. husband, baby and dog were tired so we tried this place. checked out after 2 hours due to smell and poor condition of room. uncomfy beds, crappy pillows, etc...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tina N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Coachlight, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your stay with us. I apologize for not having a Non-Smoking pet room available for you the night of your stay. In the future, if you make a reservation prior to your arrival we can hold a Non-Smoking pet room for you. Or, alternatively, you can always call the front desk and we can provide in-room Ionizer Machines to help clear out any smoke smell in the room.