“A Nice Surprise, Great Staff”

Pear Tree Inn Rolla
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Andover, Minnesota, United States
“A Nice Surprise, Great Staff”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Because I travel with my small dog, finding a nice place that welcomes pets is tough and finding one that doesn't charge a hefty fee is tougher. Recently when I was driving from MN to Arkansas, I decided I wasn't going to be able to make the 14 1/2 hour trip in one day so I decided to stop in Rolla. Thanks to a website for pet owners, I found this motel listed as being pet friendly. Tripadvisor was my next internet stop, and the Drury Inn was given the highest rating of all Rolla motels. I called for a last-minute reservation and my first introduction to the place was very positive - the desk clerk and the reservations clerk both were quite friendly and helpful. When I got to the facility, I found that there is a 5:30 to 7 p.m. "bar food" event held each evening called "5:30 Kick-Back" and I arrived just under the wire. Having driven 11 hours that day, I was happy not to have to go out for dinner (however, there is a Steak & Shake right next door, had I missed the 7 p.m. cut-off). The food is average: mac & cheese, build your own nachos, chicken fingers (not great), hot dogs. Guests are also given a ticket that is good for three free beverages including wine, mixers such as vodka and various juices, margaritas, and a variety of soft drinks.

The rooms were nice. It's not the Hyatt, but it is nice. After I was checked in and had been in my room for an hour or so, the desk clerk called to make sure the room met my expectations, and to see if I needed anything. Nice!

The next morning I was delighted to find that the breakfast bar included biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs (not rubbery microwaved ones, either!), sausage, make-them-yourself waffles, hot cereal, cold cereal, coffee, and a variety of juices. The dining area was pleasant, clean, and there were newspapers and a television tuned to the news. I know these are standard in most motels and hotels, but I feel I should include the information since this is a review of my experience.

My bill was under $100 (total including tax), and for having a pet, getting a free supper and a GOOD free breakfast, this was quite reasonable, I think.

I make this trip about 4 times per year, and now that I have stayed at the Drury Inn, I will not have to look for a place to stop again. I've found it.

Room Tip: My bed was pretty 'bouncy', not thrilled with that. Don't know if other rooms have newe...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Great value for the price. It is right off the highway and the extras at other hotels are free at Drury. These include no extra dog fee, long distance, "dinner" with alcoholic beverages, hot breakfast and soft drinks and popcorn 24/7. There is no elevator so try to book a room on the ground floor if stairs are an issue.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne B
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Initial walk in was breathtaking of cleanliness and a warm welcome. Pets didn't cost extra nor a roll a way..all included in price. Very filling hot breakfast, pop and popcorn in evening complimentary. Very soft bed and nice pillows.

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Provided a pleasant overnight experience. Easy on and off the Interstate. I was too late to enjoy the evening meal, but breakfast was leasurely and quite adequate. Good value for the time conscious traveler.

Apache Junction, Arizona
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Friendly, welcoming staff, with fast, easy check-in. Comfortable room. Enjoyed the "kick-back hour" and the "snacks" (hot dogs, mac & cheese, chili) turned out to be our dinner. That was great, since after a full day of driving, we really didn't want to go out!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We are with a large motorcycle group and staff was ready for us! We came in hot, dirty and hungry! Check in was a breeze and supper was started a little early since some of us were there. Pretzels, Nachoes and popcorn were great snacks and meme toys hot items on the buffet-all part of the price if the room. Also three complimentary drinks.

St Charles, MO, USA
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I would stay here again. The room and pool were okay. Nothing to get excited about, but nothing to get upset about either. I did like the staff though. They were speedy and kind at all times. They also had a much appreciated breakfast spread and evening food and drink (alcohol too)! I thought that was great and completely unexpected. There was a couple of pieces of exercise equipment although I did not use it.

Room Tip: I had a second floor room and it was okay. Just be aware that they allow pets here. There were quite...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolla
Baymont Inn & Suites Rolla
#5 of 13 in Rolla
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
#1 of 1 in Saint James

Been to Pear Tree Inn Rolla? Share your experiences!