“Good service and good (not great) BBQ”
Review of Bandana's Bar-B-Q

Bandana's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Saint Ann
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Let preface this by saying I grew up in a BBQ region (Mid South) , so you know my bias.

That said, my first visit to Bandanas was good. My server was friendly and knowledgable. I ordered a barbequed beef sandwich. The sandwich was delivered in a reasonable amount of time and hot. Unlike the pulled pork, the beef was cut into squares and probably from a brisket. The beef was lean and ok. They do offer 8 different sauces (KC, Memphis sweet, Chicago, but no Carolina mustard based). Overall, the sauces are good but the hot really isn't.

I stopped for a quick bite and WiFi before going to the airport. Bandanas is a pretty good option and definitely not in the league with BBQ joints in the South, Texas, or KC.

There are newer reviews for Bandana's Bar-B-Q

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed delicious St Louis style BBQ ribs. Good helpings & reasonable prices. Friendly young server. Nice experience and would return if in area again.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I had the 'experience' of eating here last Friday night, and was very disappointed. I was not impressed with the staffs attitude to me eating alone. I had the pulled pork sandwich and when it arrived, some of it was still raw and it seemed to me like it too much trouble for them to present a well cooked dish. The bar was dingy and this did not help the atmosphere. Avoid this place at all costs!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

The food was pretty good, but the service wasn't the best. Our server was a bit on the rude side and the manager didn't offer to accomodate us when our food wasn't cooked correctly.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Sat night, 2 couples ahead of us, 2 in our party,6 visible empty tables. IT TOOK 45 MINUTES TO BE SEATED. There were 11 empty tables visible. When we were seated we told our waitress, her initials are SL, in a friendly tone of voice, that we were in a hurry. We had already looked at the menu and knew what we wanted. She took our order, brought us our drinks, and never came back except to leave the check. IT TOOK OVER 30 MINUTES TO GET OUR FOOD. nothing that we ordered had to be prepared except the garlic bread everything else should have already been done. My ribs certainly were. They were so done you couldn't hardly tear the meat off the bones. it was very dry and over cooked. My wife's food was just as bad. We were at the Bandanna's by the airport. I finally had to get up and go refill our drinks myself. When we were done the manager came over and said " I told her not to bring this that we will cover it due to your troubles".
DO NOT GO TO BANDANNA'S BY THE AIRPORT!