“Great except for other guest”

Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Saint Ann
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great except for other guest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I understand the hotel can't control this generally but the softball groups were an issue. They clogged up the hallway until 11 pm outside our room which was in the middle of their rooms. They sat in the middle area by vending until late. Worst of all our room was right outside of the pool and both nights these people set up a tailgate like party right outside our window. They were out playing games and music until who knows when. The first night I had to go to the desk to let them know. It's like they thought they owned the place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank atb042
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your comments to help us address any concerns with our team and make appropriate changes for upcoming stays. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with noise outside your room. There are times we experience high volumes of guests and my team and I are always looking for ways to improve your overall experience.

Anytime you have a problem during a stay, please contact our staff so we can address the issue so all guests can have a peaceful, comfortable stay. I am sorry this was not the case this time, and hope that you will give us another chance in the future to demonstrate how quiet and relaxing a stay at our hotel should be. If you have any further questions about Pear Tree Inn, please let us know how we can help. Again, thanks for your feedback and we do hope we'll have a chance to see you as our guest again soon!

Eileen J.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
St Ann
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had a wonderful stay there ,II will recommend people to go to stay there at the hotel, people are friendly customers are wonderful people work there are great, the room was wonderful comfortableand I will go back soon

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed here overnight while in St Louis for business and wanted to stay close to the airport without laying out a bundle. First time at a property in the Drury Chain (of which this is part) and very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean with the conveniences of a microwave, fridge, and thermostat for a/c or heat control. The location was quiet despite its location by the airport. Complementary breakfast was hot and free beer and wine along with nachos was available in the evening from 5:30-7:00pm. Shuttle service back to the airport was fast and convenient. All and all a choice I would make again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The room was older but that did not bother me because it was clean and well maintained. Even though it is just across the highway from the airport noise was not an issue at all. There was complimentary soda and popcorn in the lobby and 3 glasses of Bud Light or wine per guest from 530-7pm daily. They also had a complimentary shuttle to the airport that was very convenient.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed her one night before our flight. Nice and clean hotel at a very reasonable price. We parked our car here for $6/day during our trip. Very convenient shuttle to the airport. The only little complaint I have is that they have a hot breakfast at 5am and a continental breakfast that starts at 4, but they did not have the continental breakfast out until almost 4:20, and we barely had enough time to grab a quick breakfast. I would stay here again!

Stayed June 2014
Quincy, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was just a quick stay to grab some sleep before an early morning flight. While I usually stay at the Drury Inn, I chose the Pear Tree because it was a few dollars cheaper and the same company. This was just as nice as the Drury, clean, comfortable, and close to the airport. It was very nice. I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Greg G
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here because it was less expensive than other airport hotels I usually use, like Hampton Inn. The place looked newly renovated and was up to date with a lounge area where everybody was drinking free beer when I arrived - a young friendly crowd. Great inexpensive BBQ place next door for those who have already turned in their rental cars or don't want to go out. Comfy bed. the QUIETEST A/C unit i have ever heard and it worked great. Breakfast was out at 5:00 am and the shuttle is 24 hours, so if you have an early flight, this is a great location - 5 minutes from the airport. I was just looking for a reasonable overnight place before my flight out, but would stay here again for any reason if in the area. Was also very quiet - at least my first floor room was. Helpful, friendly staff. A bargain at around $100.

Room Tip: My first floor room was very quiet. No noticeable hotel noise or airport noise either.