“Great Value for the Price!”

Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Saint Ann
Roeland Park, KS, a KC suburb
“Great Value for the Price!”
Reviewed 13 December 2008

We chose the Pear Tree Inn based on the reviews I read here and elsewhere, and hoped they were accurate. We were very pleased and impressed w/ the value for the money.

The facility is well maintained, the room was spotless, the noise level was nil, and the perks just kept coming. Complimentary drinks in the evening, free wireless internet in the lobby ( or they even have a computer w/ printer there for your complimentary use, as well), and a very nice breakfast buffet in the morning. All staff were very friendly and helpful. An amazing value for the price!

• Liked — Great value and extremely clean and well maintained!!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joan A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Thai first
dom. rep.
Reviewed 30 July 2008

Excelent modrate priced hotel with many amenities. Brekfast at 4 AM, free call any where in US and very helpful staff. Excelent bar-b-que restaurant next door.

• Liked — cleanliness, tv options and guest services
  • Disliked — by the airport
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank volney
Prairie Village, Kansas
Reviewed 17 July 2008

This Pear Tree is quieter than many moderately priced hotels, probably due to the "old style" brick walls. No banging doors, no conversations through the walls. You could hear a little--like a baby crying at 5:30 AM down the hall, but it wasn't loud and probably noticed due to already being awake at a time when most other guests didn't appear to be. No airplane noise. Staff was really friendly. And there is a GREAT Bandana's BBQ place just next door--good food, interesting sauces, reasonable prices, all recommended by the Pear Tree's staff. The Pear Tree Inn has an all-you-can-eat popcorn maker in the lobby complete with freshly popped corn and movie type bags where you can scoop it up yourself. We used the lobby's computer set-up which worked well since we didn't bring our PC this trip. They served a decent continental breakfast next morning--they have waffle makers but no other hot food at the time of our stay. This fall they will undertake lobby remodeling to add a hot breakfast and are talking about a wine/beer bar in evenings also. We stayed here because it was cheaper than the Hampton Inn next door or Drury Inn a half block away. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — quietness
  • Disliked — unresponsive air conditioning (west side of building in July)
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank prairiechickie
Missouri
Reviewed 10 July 2008

The shuttle to the airport was very convient. The room was clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. We usually stay in Drurys, this was our first stay in a Pear tree. We found the breakfast a bit limited compared to Drurys but everything else was just as nice.

• Liked — convient shuttle to airport
  • Disliked — limited breakfast choices
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dlh_2008
Columbia, MO
Reviewed 5 June 2008

Earlier this week we stayed at the Pear Tree Inn in St. Louis. I would highly reccomend this hotel. It was very clean the pillows were so soft!

You have access to using the shuttle, which the driver is extremely friendly, which is nice since you are in the city and friendly is hard to find. The entire staff was helpful and friendly, made you feel relaxed.

The pool was nice and clean. The breakfast was good, nothing extravagant but it was free and no complaints here.

This hotel is literally right by the airport, and if you are dropping someone off, they will let you take the shuttle with them and take you back to the airport so you don't have to pay for parking at the airport.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again. It was affordable and yet nice, and not too far from shopping either.

• Liked — everything was great, especially the friendly staff
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank mizzougal08
Quincy IL
Reviewed 26 April 2008

We were leaving from the airport early on Thursday. We live 2 hours away from St Louis. This place was close to the airport. It has a shuttle. I think you have to pay for the days you park. Cheaper than the airport lots though. We did not use that we were not gone long enough to worry about airport parking $. We didn' want to worry about the shuttle back to the hotel. The hotel has a large parking lot very well lighted. The room was standard and clean. The breakfast had bagels, fruit, yogurt, ceral, waffles, milk, OJ. All the normal stuff. We ate well and the lobby had plenty of room. Staff seemed eager to please. Answered all our questions. Over all a nice close to the airport hotel. Simple and easy.

• Liked — easy in easy out close to the airport.
  • Disliked — Paid parking
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lhanlin
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2008

I picked the Pear Tree Inn, primarily because of its Drury Inn connection. I had to spend the night next to the St. Louis airport and needed an inexpensive hotel that provided a shuttle to the airport. I arrived and the woman who checked me was friendly and efficient.

My first room was two doubles. Your average basic economy hotel. The problem with this room began in the bathroom. I fortunately did not have to really go to the bathroom. When I flushed, the toilet mechanism did not work properly and instead of the little water tube filling up the tank, it filled up the bowl instead. Immediately, I had a geyser shooting out of the bowl and it overflowed in a matter of thirty seconds. The water kept gushing out, I ran to phone the desk for emergency help. By the time I got back, the entire floor of the bathroom had a few inches of water and it had overflowed the lip of the threshhold onto the carpet. The only option that I had was to take off the top of the tank and hold up the floating arm to stop the water until someone arrived to help. I threw down a few towels to stand on while I was doing this but the water was freezing.

Long story short, the maintenance man (who was very nice) arrived with a tiny handheld wet vac. Not really big enough to handle all that water. I went back down to the front desk and got keys for another room, this one a king. It was on the first floor and when I opened the door, there was a big red brick wall. It made the room seem very dark and claustophobic. However, the rest of the room was OK, with a TV, desk, king-size bed.

I took the shuttle to the Metro station that evening to go into downtown St. Louis. The shuttle driver was very nice and dropped me off at the entrance of the Metro station. When I returned back at the airport that evening, I did have to wait about 20 minutes after I called for a shuttle to arrive. Different driver than previous - he was nice, but a little too friendly - if you solo women travelers know what I mean. Never came out and propositioned me, but it was hanging out there...Weird.

The hotel is located in between a BBQ place and the Hampton Inn. The shuttle in the morning got me to the airport with a minimum of fuss. (Different driver again). I looked at the breakfast and there was a number of items for an extended continental breakfast. I was running late so I didn't have time to eat anything.

All in all, the hotel is OK. The bathroom incident really messed me up though. The maintenance man who arrived to fix it said that he couldn't believe that the maids didn't catch the issue when they cleaned the room, which of course, then creeped me out because you know that they didn't clean the toilet before I got there. I'm already a bit germaphobic anyway and try not to think about stuff like that when I'm traveling. It didn't help my impression of the place after that.

• Liked — breakfast looked good
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Been to Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!