“Close to Airport, good breakfast”

Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Saint Ann
Reviewed 24 January 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night when he had a 6 am flight the next morning. We arrived and the front desk gave us the best possible rate and said the only others cheaper nearby were Super 8 and Motel 6 and we didn't want to try those. The check in was quick and easy. Our room was on the first floor, which was great! The room smelled a bit musty at first, but we could handle it. We called the front desk to ask for restaurant recommendations and for the nearest US Bank and they helped up out. I still had to use my computer to find the best directions to the restaurant and bank. The shower was great, bed was a bit hard, not too comfortable to sleep on. The breakfast in the morning was good and they had sodas and snacks at night. Except for the hard bed, everything was good at this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank weezie97

Reviewed 15 December 2009

Being told St Louis was an ugly and dangerous place I was extremely leery about where I could safely stay. I needed shuttle service to the airport and didn't wish to spend time going from place to place searching for a room yet not wishing to reserve anything in advance. I picked up a hotel coupon book at a rest area and Pear Tree Inn seemed to be the thing; I had someone at home looking up reviews on the internet for me.
So glad I chose to stay here. The hotel itself was beautiful and homey looking; inviting and relaxed. The staff were all wonderful and sincerely seemed to want to help make my stay as easy and enjoyable as possible. The free breakfast included hot scrambled eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, cold cereals, oatmeal, yogurt and fruit. What a great way to start the day. There is also free beverages during the day and evenings bring on drinks and snacks; relaxing.
The rooms were spacious and well appointed. There was a coffee maker, micro/fridge set up. Also iron and its board if you lean to those things.
Shuttle service to the airport was prompt and easy to use. The desk person was very helpful and watched for me to make sure I didn't miss the ride.
I would certainly stay here again and recommend this place to anyone I knew.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank CajunJay
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We usually stay here if we have an early morning flight. The staff is wonderful, especially Janet!. The restaurant next door, Bandanas has good bar-be-que. The airport shuttle is dependable. The rooms are clean. We always stay at a Drury property if one is available.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank armymomjacksonmo
Reviewed 29 June 2009

We stayed here because the hotel advertises "on demand" shuttle service to/from the airport. On the day of our departure, we requested the shuttle and were told it would be at the door within 15 minutes. FORTY minutes later, after several inquiries and promises that it would be there any second, the shuttle showed up. The delay ate the entire cushion of time we had given for our arrival to the airport .
Upon our return, we called for the shutte and were again told it would be there within 15 minutes. 30 minutes later, after having watched every other hotel begun their second run through the pickup lanes, I called the hotel to ask what the holdup was. The person that answered said that they were in the middle of the shift change and it would be a while. I asked why we were told we'd have a shuttle within 15 minutes when we first called and he said that I should "just be patient." Clearly, I -- the paying customer -- was an inconvenience. We ended up taking the Marriot shuttle and walking over. When my husband complained to the manager, she said she didn't know anything about it and showed no interest in the matter.

Stay at the Marriot. It's nicer, has bigger rooms, a better breakfast, and a reliable shuttle service.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank IlliniSassen
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2009

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests and sincerely apologize that you encountered difficulties with our shuttle service. Our hotel does have complimentary shuttle service to the airport, running 24 hours a day. Our goal is to have the shuttle service running consistently so our guests do not have to encounter a long wait long. It is comments like yours from our guests that will help us make improvements and will be shared with our team immediately to help us improve the level of our airport shuttle service at our hotel. We truly appreciate your business and again apologize for the negative experience you encountered during your stay. We do hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed 16 May 2009

My husband and I stayed here after a horrible stay at Holiday Inn Express at Forest Park. This hotel was such a relief for us! The location wasn't great for us, as we didn't fly, we drove, but it was clean, quiet, the staff was so friendly, and the price was great! Free continental breakfast, too. The rooms were comfortable and the restaurant was wonderful. We really enjoyed staying here and will definitely be looking up this hotel again next time we visit St. Louis.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank adventurous_girl86
Reviewed 20 February 2009

We stayed here with our 1 year-old daughter for three nights on a business/leisure trip. The crib at first glance seemed prison-issue in style but appeared safe and our daughter ended up sleeping great in it. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. They allowed us to check in early which was a lifesaver. All of the free/included features were very nice, including wireless internet and very good breakfast. our room had a small refrigerator which is always handy. The restaurant options nearby are pretty terrible, but we did find a Mexican place down the street that was good. This is not an important point, but it seemed we were the youngest hotel guests by about 60 years. Breakfast was crowded with senior citizens who wanted to make casual conversation.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank VATravelFans
Reviewed 23 December 2008

Arrived at the airport and were unable to be picked up due to an unexpected ice storm. We were standing in front of hotel board at airport looking for an inexpensive place to spend the night. Called hotel and was referred to a lesser fee by speaking with the reservations line, got a reservation for 1 night for 75. Were told that we'd be picked up in about 7 min and where to meet the shuttle. As we stepped out the door the van pulled up and took our luggage, and delivered us right away to the hotel.
Desk clerks were very friendly and professional. Got to our room in moments and were relieved to find a lovely room, very quiet, clean and comfortable. We arrived a bit late for snacks but looked forward to the hot breakfast. Full breakfast eggs, sausage, biscuits, and cereals and make your own waffles made a good start to a cold wintery day. Everyone was very friendly and it was a real pleasure to stay here. We'll be back again when we need a hotel

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Joellens
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Ann
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center

Been to Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!