“Very nice rooms, too many security guards...” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Edwardsville, IL
“Very nice rooms, too many security guards...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Ok, I like safety like anyone, but come on, instead of people to wait on me or bring me a drink at the pool, I saw security guards, patrolling the area. I get it, we wanna be safe, but I was there to relax, kick back and enjoy tunes and the beautiful pool. I would love for there to be some wait staff that could call security if need be. There was even a guard at the door to the pool. You have to use your card key and have a wrist band to get in, so why a guard. Weird. The room was very pretty, although the mattress was one of the worse I've ever slept on. Staff at front desk were very good and very friendly. Very easy to get to property, parking perfect. Prices were decent. Didn't get to enjoy the restaurants.

Room Tip: The views are good on either side. Pool side or riverside.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is my favorite place to stay in St Louis. The rooms are the best of any hotel/casino I've been in outside of Vegas. They are all huge wide open single rooms, with a "separate" area that has a couch and TV. Then an area with a bed and another TV. Everything just looks new, both TVs are new(ish) flat screens, fridge included in your room, great bathrooms. Everything you could want in a nice hotel room. While it might not be the most exciting casino resort, they really nailed the room design and quality.

Besides the casino, there is a nice pool, an arcade, and a few decent restaurants on site. The buffet also might get my vote for one of the best. You could spend a week here and never have to leave, or go out every day and have a hundred other options for food/things to do. There are 2 parking garages that I've never felt unsafe in, and its free.

My only warnings to visitors is that while this place close to the airport, its a bit of a ride to downtown STL. I would avoid this place if you are going to spend most of your time in the city. Its about a 45 minute drive and traffic can be bad during rush hour times.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kyle G
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review, Kyle. It certainly sounds like you enjoy the spacious rooms with fully amenities. I'm glad to read you checked out the pool and arcade and rank our buffet highly. I would like to remind you that we also have weekly live music at the Bottleneck Blues Bar and frequent entertainment each month at the even center. Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to your next visit.
Danville, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

The rooms were very nice. I only wish I could have stayed longer and enjoyed some of the amenities. This was just a one night trip. I thoroughly enjoyed the gambling here. It was great fun with good people. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites. Ours overlooked the muddy Missouri River but I enjoy water no matter what...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank cussingcook1
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for stopping by to visit and for this amazing review. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed the room and had time to play in the casino. Your experience is exactly what we aim for; we can't wait to have you back!
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Our recent stay at this fantastic hotel has proven the negative reviewers on this site to be way off the mark. The front desk staff was so friendly and helpful. We had a room on the 23rd floor which was outstanding in every way. The decor of the room and hotel compared to many of the nicer Vegas hotels I've stayed in. The bathroom in the room was nothing short of amazing. The views from the step down living room were expansive. The pool was lively and great for people watching. The casino had a fun vibe and the dealers very nice. We went to the club at the casino and listened to a cover band which was a blast. All in all I would recommend Ameristar to everyone. It checks off all the boxes and is in every way a 4/5 star resort depending on how you rate properties. Thank you everyone at Ameristar. We will be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MOBeachDoc
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you had a great stay with us and hope to see you again very soon!
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I sat and played over $10,000 worth of play. Ended up losing $2,800 that night ($1,500 from tables), and I go to check my points. I barely earned enough for a free buffet for ONE. Next I checked to see if I could get a complimentary room and the hotel said that I didn't have enough points, but they'd offer me a discounted rate of $69 for a night. Sorry guys your points system SUCKS NUTS. Won't be back. I'll continue to go to Vegas for any gambling trip. Vegas will hand me a room with just $500 worth of play at the Wynn and Venetian. Tell me what's wrong with this picture? Feel free to comment....

Room Tip: Plan to come with several hundred dollars just for the room night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank T S
Megan A, Director of Sales at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
We want all our guests to feel appreciated. I apologize if we failed to make you feel this way. It is important to make sure you are using your mychoice card whenever playing to ensure maximum offers are being made. Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your feedback.
Wright City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms are beautiful! I know the cost seems high, but it is plenty worth it in my opinion. The pool and spa are also very nice. The staff goes above and beyond not just in the hotel but at the restaurants! A must go!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kayla T
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
I appreciate your great review, Kayla. It's wonderful to read when a guest has the kind of experience you describe and we strive to provide. I'm pleased you had a chance to visit the spa and pool. Thank you very much for being our guest. We look forward to your next arrival.
Salinas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at the Ameristar in St. Charles for several days last week for a business conference. The hotel is beautiful....sits right on the Missouri River, is full of ameneties; a full service spa, pool, multiple restaurants (from a 50's diner, an Oyster Bar, steak house to a buffet. There is a sports bar, blues bar and even a night club that rivals any SF or NY nightclub I've seen!

The conference areas are vast, spacious and extrememly well attended. The staff is incredibly friendly, and willing to accomodate your every need.

The rooms are amazing...the room I had had a sleep area, then a two step down living area with a couch, two chairs and two tables. There are 3 yes 3 TVs in the room, one in the bedroom area, one in the living area and another in the bathroom by the vanity. There are separate tub and shower...and the tubs are nice and deep for a great soak after a long day. Everything is new and updated.

There is a huge casino - but sorry folks, was there on business and never set foot in the place.
While I was there on business, I will definately be back with my husband for fun in the future.

The ONLY drawback, is as a non-smoker, all the public areas (interior of the mall, restaurants and bars) are all smoking allowed. So if you don't like smoke, this may be bothersome to you, as it was to me.

Outside of that, all was great and I loved the place. Definately would be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Missouri if you want that nature view of the river rushing by. Halls are v...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Julie B
Thank you for taking the time to sharing this details review, Julie. It is simply thrilling to read about the wonderful experience you had during your business trip. Our spacious rooms with three TV's, separate lounge area and large tubs certainly are popular.

It's easy to extend friendly service when we have the best guests in the world! Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your return for a fun getaway.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 19 in Saint Charles
Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!