“Home away from home. 10 Stars on a 5 Star Rating.”
Review of Lococo House III

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Charles
Lococo House III
Ranked #2 of 10 Saint Charles B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Missouri
“Home away from home. 10 Stars on a 5 Star Rating.”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

From the minute I arrived I felt like I was staying with family. Rhona & Leo were the most gracious hosts. Could not have asked for a better stay. Cozy, clean, comfortable, the list goes on and on. Breakfest...Wow...delicious. Goosefeathers cake in the evenings...Wow...delicious. Even the coffee was amazing. I would return just for Rhona's home-cooking. I stayed two nights and now consider the Lococo's as my extended St. Charle's family. My stay was that wonderful and relaxing. A true home away from home experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jason B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We had the pleasure at staying at Lococo House at the beginning of our 225 mile ride of the Katy Trail. Rhona and Leo,our hosts, could not have been more gracious! The shuttle service they provided to the beginning of the trail at Clinton was excellent. We were able to leave our truck with them and even provided us with a snacks/drinks upon our return. Rhona is a great cook also!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Definitely my Missouri home away from home. I have stayed at Lococo House three times while biking the KATY. Finished in November in quite fickle weather. I cannot thank Leo, Rhona, Dolores and Lenny enough for all the help and support. The banana bread kept me alive on the trail. I still think of Lococo House breakfasts. I would never stay anywhere else in the Saint Louis area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
St louis
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We stayed here this weekend to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. I couldnt have asked for a better time ever!!! From the time we checked in till the time we checked out everything was absolutely perfect!!! It was just like being at home. Everything was so cozy and comfortable. Rhona and Deloris were wonderful host and catered to every need. The breakfast was AMAZING!!! Fruit platters, "goosefeathers', apple muffins, french toast, pancakes, sausage with red and yellow peppers, hashbrowns, eggs, bacon....get the idea??? You name it, they served it!!! I know that we will definitely become regulars here. Oh ya, forgot to mention that the 2 outdoor hot tubs sure did hit the spot after a great day exploring St Charles and walking on the Katy Trail, which is only a couple blocks away. If you are looking for a great, clean and comfortable place to stay with great host and great breakfast this is the place!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 November 2012

At my turnaround bicycling the KATY trail solo in both directions, I stayed at Lococo House II, next door to LH III at 1309 N 5th, run by Lenny, son of Leo and Rhona at LH III, and his wife, Dolores. I had no reservation, but the tourist office called, and told me to meet Dolores there. She met me, offering cake and lemonade. After I rode out to Machens and back, Dolores invited me to go with the whole family and some friends from Colorado out to dinner (Anthony's). That evening, Rhona and Leo invited me over for TV and coffee at LH III. Next day, I decided on staying an extra (rest) day at this, my halfway point. Dolores helped me repair my leaky air mattress, and gave me directions to the Bass Pro Shop to get some seam sealer. She even drove me to the grocery store to resupply! Both mornings, Dolores served me huge delicious breakfasts - she said she understands "Cyclist Appetite." My last evening, she and Lenny invited me to share their informal table for supper. This extended family couldn't be nicer! Being solo and the only guest at the time, I felt very relaxed, as if I were part of their family. I asked Rhona why their motto was "Girl's night out." She and Dolores went on at length about how, with honeymooning couples, the new wife often expects more alone time and less being made part of the family. They both agreed that groups of women were more compatible with the Lococo style, and, I might add, Lococo is ideal for cyclists. As for Girls Night Out, Rhona put it best, "You know, a group of women get in the hot tub..., bring out a bottle of wine..., think they can sing - like cats in a bucket!" I still laugh.

Room Tip: No need to bring soap or shampoo. Dolores has a complete collection of samples of every kind of soap...