“Inexpensive diamond in the ruff..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Orlando, Florida
“Inexpensive diamond in the ruff..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

This little inexpensive diamond in the ruff was a treat after 10 hours of driving. They offer small fresh rooms with GREAT heat at a very low price. The location couldn't be better across from a Bob Evans and an Applebee's and a shopping mall. Park your car you don't have to use it here. Forget that expensive "free" breakfast at other high priced Hotels. Stay at this Red Roof Inn in St. Charles for much less and buy your own nice breakfast across from the Hotel. They have nice warm rooms with good televisions and a new bed. We liked it here so much we went out of our way to stay here a 2nd time. If you make a reservation in advance you can get a much cheaper room with your AAA or AARP discounts. Even at full price it's good

Room Tip: As to get a first floor room
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stays with us. We appreciate hearing you found us to be a great value in this area. Hopefully you won't have to go out of your way to stay here next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

The Red Roof Inn in St. Charles, Missouri is nice, clean, and more than satisfactory. The re done rooms are spacious for an inexpensive stay. Amenities are just what you need, no more. The staff is nice and attentive. The grounds are well kept. The hotel is conveniently located and easy on-off to the freeway, but not too close that you hear a lot of road noise. Located in a safe area. Would recommend to those who need to stay in St. Charles and aren't going to "live in " the room.

Room Tip: request a king "suite". Nice work area, Adequate space, microwave, fridge, safe! Groun...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you found us to be a great value in Saint Charles.
Amarillo, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

Some years ago I stayed at this hotel and made a commitment to not go back but circumstance made it necessary.
I was quite surprised. There was a big difference. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, and the internet was now free.
The room was a good size and had a larger flat screen TV.
The only thing that was annoying is how the bed was made. The sheet was down 10 inches from the top of the bead and the blanket was 10 inches lower than the sheet. So when you covered up the sheet was too short and the blanket way to short.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate your king words concerning the cleanliness of the room and friendliness of the staff. I apologize for the way the bed was made. I'll make sure our housekeepers follow the guidelines to get the blanket placed where it needs to be for a comfortable night's sleep.
Golden, Colorado, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

This Inn is at I-70 exit 227 (immediately south, on the east/left side of the exit street), a little northwest of St Louis. We were amazed at the low price. It's a little older place, but well-maintained and not at all run-down.

Like all Red Roof Inns, there is no breakfast, just free coffee.

No complaints, and we would readily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rollingstoneman
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review it. We're pleased that you recognized us as a great value. We're looking forward to your next stay with Red Roof Inn.
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

I arrived at about 10:30 at night, after a long day of driving. The desk clerk was more interested in talking to her friends who were hanging out in the lobby and talking on the phone that she was in customer service. I was assigned a room, and when I got to the room, the problems started.

The door lock was malfunctioning, it took anywhere from three to five attempts to get it to open every time I left the room. The room was clean, but one of the first things that I noticed was that the light above the sink was not working correctly, and was very dim. I looked further and one of the fluorescent tubes was not installed properly. Rather than calling the front desk, knowing that the clerk was not helpful, I just fixed it myself.

I was staying two nights, and when I left in the morning, I left the card on the bed requesting full maid service. When I returned to the room at about 3:30 in the afternoon, the room had not been touched. I called the front desk, and was told that "stay overs" only get fresh towels, we do not do anything else" . I hung up the phone and went straight to the office, asking for the manager.

The same clerk, and another one, were on duty, and they told me that he was somewhere on the property, and that they could not call or page him, and I should just wait until he showed up. Again this is a complete lack of customer service,. When the manager came in, he did have someone come to clean the room, and he did comp the second night, but it seemed obvious to me that he was not really concerned about the way that I was treated.

I has stayed at this hotel years ago, and the service was good. Now they are apparently trying for the long term rentals, they have a billboard on I-70 advertising a weekly rate of $199.00 and most of the parking lot is filled with out of state construction vehicle.s Perhaps at that rate, they do not provide full maid service, but I was paying the full daily rate, and expected more.

The one bright spot in my stay, and the reason that the hotel is rated poor rather than terrible is the woman who did come to clean my room. Her name was Mary Beth (on her name tag) and she was not only efficient but also was friendly and really took pride in her work. Her comment to me was that if I ever came back, I should request a room in her section, because she knew that any room she cleaned would be done correctly.

To summarize, the check in experience was poor, the room had multiple problems that someone should have noticed, and the response of the front desk to a complaint was totally and completely inadequate. The clerk in the morning (at check out ) was great, Mary Beth was a credit to the hotel, but that did not make up for the lack of service.

Room Tip: Apparently asking for a room in Mary Beth's area may be a good idea,
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
i0143, Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not making your stay comfortable and valuable.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed here one night while our air conditioner was being repaired (over 100 degrees for 7 days in a row in St Charles, MO) The hotel is not bad for the price. The room was a little smaller than I thought it would be and the bathroom was extremely small. There is no pool or exercise room. The room was clean and the clerk at the desk was very nice. The location was nice, right off the hwy, close to Panera Bread. The air conditioner in the room was great (again, it was over 100 degrees out). I also appreciated the discount that I received for my employment. Overall, it was a great hotel for a short stay and was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela G
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Hopefully the next time you get to use Red Roof Inn it will be under better circumstances. We're pleased you found us to be a good value.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

A very good value. Right on I-70. No complaints. Will stay there again. I felt safe there, was not uncomfortable coming and going at night.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank lance623
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and for recognizing us as a great value in the area.