All reviewssingle storythree roomsrooms are largenight staybeds were comfortablewifihighwaysleepcurtainscharleselevator
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I checked in about 3:45 pm on 08/01/2014. I checked out at just after 4:00 on 08/01/214. My wife and I had came to St. Charles on Friday Aug 01. We had a smoking room. The first thing I noticed was the burn marks in the nightstands. There was no smoke detector. It had been removed and placed in the wardrobe. There was only one towel, so I went back to office and asked for more towels. I was given 3 hand towels and told that that was all the had until tomorrow. When I returned to the room my wife showed me that someone had done a #2 in the toliet and had not flushed. Also the towel bar was missing along with the toliet paper holder.

When I returned to to the office to get my refund and checkout, a roach crawled up the front of the counter. I told the clerk about this also. She said that she was batting a 1000 today. And I said you your as I took my recipt and left.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HotelGM-STL, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This motel is very outdated. It had a swimming pool once but its dried up now. There was ample parking and we did like the area. The floor had dust bunnies when we arrived. I kept my shoes on all the time I was there. The lady at the desk was friendly. We were told on the phone what the total price would be but when we got there it was a little more. The lady said no it couldn't be the price we were quoted so it cost us a little more. The beds were comfortable. I would not stay here again. I would pay a little more and stay in a more modern place. Like I said it is so outdated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HotelGM-STL, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We sincerely apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Your comments have been shared with our staff and the issues addressed. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Nothing extremely spectacular about this place but it was clean, the staff were friendly and I got a great rate. I paid much less than their average cost. While everything went fairly well the place is a bit outdated. Regular rate runs around $65 for this location. I personally wouldn't pay anymore than $50 and just remember you get what you pay for.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HotelGM-STL, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had read the reviews online about the Rodeway Inn and several were very discouraging and disturbing, but decided this would be tonights stop. Upon arrival noted it was the type of motel I prefer, one story with ample parking and spread out over some space with green spaces as much as possible. The attendant was quite pleasant as was the one who waited on me the next morning as I checked out. I asked her if many were staying there for the gypsy caravan and she said they had quite few staying tonight. We got to the room and it was nothing fancy at all....a nice king sized bed that slept very well, a comfortable chair, some tables and lamps and a dresser and tv. The bath was small, but it was all clean. I had no issues with the room and there was a couple in the next room as well, but yet I heard nothing. There were a number of guests staying with pets that evening and as it usually is where pet owners stay, they all get along very well. If I were coming back to this area again to stay, I would definitely stay here

Room Tip: I would have preferred an end room next to the wooded area, just for the additional quiet. If all the rooms are as clean as the one we stayed, then there is no issue.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tuscolaman
GMIL027, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The room was clean. It looked clean, it smelled clean, and I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the bathroom, the furniture and the flooring. The bathroom is small, the shower head is about 5' 6" high, so you have to bend over to rinse your head.

The room air conditioner does an excellent job at keeping the room very comfortable. The room comes with a small refrigerator and a small microwave. You have to unplug the TV or the refrigerator to plug in the microwave. There is one spare electrical receptacle by the TV, and two GFCI outlets above the vanity. The room has an ironing board but there was iron.

The mattress was good, firm and not lumpy. Pillows were small foam ones, but two together made one decent one.

The front desk was nice enough to receive a package shipped to me from out of state, and the front desk was helpful and pleasant at check-in and package pickup. Wifi was functional but not very efficient, don't plan on doing any high speed surfing on their internet.

The is a great room to get some rest. Nothing fancy, but I only paid $49 for this room, and it was clean and quiet. That was all I required, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GMIL027, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.