“Great Value”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Yorkville, Illinois
“Great Value”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Was on business trip. Not the easiest to find, hidden behind Denny's and Mobile. Very close to convention center. Many food choices within walking distance. Clean rooms and lobby. Above average free breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles and more. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kris K, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope that you stay with us again next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hamilton
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Used this hotel on return trip home. Hotel is nice to stay in, room clean as is the bathroom. Breakfast bar is good, no complaints. The hotel walls are on the thin side and could hear the next room when they used the shower or flushed the toilet but not a deal breaker. Would stay again when the come times to make a trip back to Kansas.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kris K, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We value your business and hope to see you again in the future.
Huntley
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel is clean and staff is friendly but it just isn't a very nice hotel. The breakfast is yuck and they ran out of many items with a sold out hotel. The toilet is very low to the ground; odd. Very fee TV channels which shouldn't matter unless you have children who want to watch anything besides Cartoon Network. The pillows are uncomfortable. No microwave in the rooms. The in room safe is an extra charge...why?!? The pool is fine but could use a paint job. I won't stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Caremy23
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us. We are sorry we were unable to exceed your expectations but we will use your comments to help us improve. Unfortunately, our truck delivery was late and that is why our breakfast was not at its best. We hope you will give us another chance to prove that we are better than your last stay.
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is another good hotel by Best Western. The rooms are comfortable and big. Breakfast is the typical fare offered by Best Western. I am partial to the waffles. This hotel also offered eggs, bacon, cereal's etc. There is a Texas Roadhouse across the parking lot and plenty of other options in historic St. Charles a short drive from the hotel. My biggest suggestion is to request a room on the opposite side of I 70. The West Bound Entrance Ramp was a bit noisy. Otherwise I give this hotel an excellent rating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again in the future.
London
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel was close to St Louis (by car) and easy access to local shops and outlets. Hotel had free parking, WiFi, breakfast, and usual mod cons. Rooms were a decent size but had a few issues with poor sound insulation between rooms. Places to eat nearby and the Bass Pro shop is worth a visit, especially for us foreigners to the US. Overall not bad.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your opinion counts and we will use it to help us improve. We appreciate your business.
Kearney, Missouri
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We chose this hotel based on location and previous experience with "BW PLUS" locations. The location is good, easy off and on the freeway, several eating options with a walk across the parking lot, including Texas Road House. While the halls looked dingy, the room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the AC worked beautifully. We were disappointed that there was no Hot Tub/Whirlpool, a normal feature at PLUS locations. The breakfast was good and plenty of the hot items, including bacon, & scrambled eggs in 2 varieties. We found the elevator full with a couple and their 2 good size dogs - we try to stay away from hotels that allow pets and had not noticed that when we booked. Based on that we will probably not stay at this location again - but that may be a plus for other travelers.

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor and found the waits for elevator to be long - there are only 2. So - either sta...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. We value your opinion and we will use your comments to help us improve.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I selected this hotel first for its location and then the value and reviews it received via booking.com. The location was perfect for my visit, easy-on-easy-off the freeway. The staff was friendly and efficient and handled requests and complaints with equal courtesy.

The hotel has free Wi-Fi and not just in the public areas. There is ample, well-lite, free parking. The hotel has an ideally located laundry facility (2 washers and 2 dryers), in-room refrigerator and microwave and is located near grocery store, convenience store and several fast food restaurants. However, the hotel is only a short drive into Old Towne St. Charles which has wonderful restaurants.

Hotel is very busy, family and pet friendly. The large in-door pool gets a lot of use.

Breakfast was included in my room price and, although I never had the breakfast, I did go into the breakfast room. The breakfast bar appeared to be well stocked with a variety of items, including waffles, scrambled eggs, meats, cereal, etc., and was very busy. People there seemed to really enjoy the food. I prepare making my own breakfast and dinner in my room, thus the refrigerator and microwave were perfect for me.

If you should be awakened one night by beeping, it may be the safe in your room and NOT the smoke detector. Mine beeped every hour on the hour after my first night and continuously for three nights. There did not appear to be a solution to stopping it. However, upon check-out, I was not charged the daily room-safe fee - - which I had not paid attention to, and had not be verbally advised - - that was added to my bill.

For some reason, the toilet was very low, the seat was lower than the tub. I am a senior citizen and this make things difficult for me. I had read this in reviews, but just didn't think the seat would be THAT low.

There were rude people smoked even in the designed non-smoking areas in the front of the hotel.

My room was as advertised, updated (except for the child's sized toilet and that bleeping safe), clean and a generous size.

I will stay here again in a few months and would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: My room was 414. I did not hear other guests below me, next me or on either side and I believe the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PleasantRidge
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again in the future.