I used Priceline to get a hotel for 2 nights in St. Charles and ended up here. It's a high-rise building in a shopping area off I-70 with quite a few restaurants and stores (including Bass Pro Shop) in walking distance. Seemed to be plenty of parking. I had to walk past people smoking whenever I entered and exited down a narrow path. Check-in was friendly and the lobby was small but clean.
The room wasn't new or sparkling but perfectly adequate. There were 2 queen beds and plenty of room to move around. Instead of a business desk and office chair there was a small square table and 2 wooden chairs. There was a wardrobe cabinet instead of a closet. Mattresses and pillows were both very firm. The TV did not have many channels - only a limited selection of local and cable (with HBO).
The bathroom was small and the sink was angled into the corner. Unfortunately the mirror was only on one side so it was awkward to face the sink then have to turn to the mirror to shave or fix hair. The toilet was very low to the ground, and the water pressure was weak in the shower. Bar soap was large and thick and shampoo/conditioner (no lotion) were fine. Bath towels were small and scratchy but hand towels were large and soft.
There was a pool and fitness room but I didn't go in. Breakfast was adequate - eggs and bacon, waffles, breads, donuts, yogurt, cereal, and tropical fruit cups. The only fresh fruit were bananas which were too ripe the first day and too green the second.
The regular price would be on the high side but if you get a discount, it's a great value hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A St. Charles, Missouri hotel, the BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel is situated just five blocks from the historic district and is within walking distance of the First Missouri State Capitol State Historic Site and the Foundry Art Centre. This St. Charles hotel is minutes from Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, Katy Trail State Park and the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater St. Louis. The Lambert-St Louis International Airport is only eight miles away. The hotel is also less than one mile away from the Saint Charles Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Saint Charles
- Saint Charles Quality Inn