“Lackluster ”

Good for: Child-friendly
West Plains, Missouri
“Lackluster ”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We are staying in St. Louis for cancer treatment and wanted to meet for dinner with some longtime friends. My husband was excited to try the moonshine BBQ. We arrived on a Monday evening about 8. All of the dinner rush had cleared out by then, and there were probably about 5 tables in the whole restaurant. Our waiter, Sam, greeted us promptly and asked us what we would like to drink. No suggestions just, "What would you like to drink?" We got our drinks around 5 minutes later. We ordered an app that came out about 10 minutes after that. The onion blossom was almost burnt because it had been in the fryer too long. We ordered dinner and Sam noticed that one of the people in our party needed a refill. When our food came approximately 15 minutes later, Sam finally brought a refill for the guest. Another person in our party prompted Sam that he didn't get his side item. Sam apologized and said it would be right out. Once we were finishing up our meal and our drinks had turned into watered down soda, he asked if we wanted refills. We said yes and I also reminded him about the mashed potatoes. He apologized again and said he would take it off the bill. Whether or not that happened, I'm not sure because the checks were split. We payed with a credit card and our friends payed with cash. He casually asked if he needed to bring them change which I found as rude. As a server myself back in college, we were always taught to never ask or assume and to just bring back the change. I didn't expect 5-star dining here but I certainly expected the wait staff to be attentive. We will not be back to this particular location.

Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands
“Worse Outback experience ever !”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We are frequent Outback customers and almost always very satisfied about food & service.Untill this one. The Ahi Tuna appetizer (my favourite) is the smallest portion ever from the many times I had one in other Outbacks. The entree I got served was not the one I ordered. If I want ribs, I order ribs. The steak was almost 50% tendons, which I told the (far from friendly) waitress. I could have had a new one, but since my partner had almost finished her meal, I declined. My appetite was gone anyway, despite the excuses from the manager, which didn't reflect in the bill, by the way. I got 50% steak, they got 50% less tip. Fortunately I was'nt scared by that one bad experience, we had a great Outback meal a few day later in our road trip. We did report it on Outback's website, but did not get any response yet.

Visited May 2014
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Good service, lousy steaks”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have been reluctant to write this review, but my wife suggested I should, so here it is.
My wife and I stopped at Outback for an early dinner, ordering the steak special the Outback offers, this includes salad and desert. Service was great, no complaints. I can't say the same thing about our steaks; tough would be an understatement. We have always had good steaks at Outback, not this time. They were tough and extremely difficult to chew. My wife ate half of hers and gave up on the rest. I managed to struggle through mine and finished it, but my jaw muscles hurt. Right now, I am reluctant to return to Outback in the near future due to our bad experience, maybe we'll risk it some time in the future? No complaints about the waitress, she did well.

Visited April 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Unpleasant Surprize by Filet Size”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We returned to this Outback because the food is usually very good and the service is excellent. Three of our party of eight ordered filets and what showed up was thinner than most hamburgers; less than a quarter inch. We asked our waitress if these were really filets and she said yes. I expected a 6 to 8 ounce filet to stand at least an inch tall but these were flatter than pancakes and were of low quality beef - not suitable for filets. My guests were too polite to return their entrees, but I would not have accepted them for my meal. This is a shame since this was the first bad experience we have ever had here. Service is still excellent, but somebody needs to monitor what comes out of the kitchen.

• Visited March 2014
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Steak with a smile”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Very friendly staff, with a well organised and sleek fast service. Nice food and a good atmosphere. Plenty of parking.

• Visited October 2013