“Great place couldn't ask for more....”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
st. louis, MO
“Great place couldn't ask for more....”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We decided to use some of my husband Hiltons points to have an over night with our daughter. Check in was a breeze, and we proceded to our room. The furniture was clean and comfortable. Sofa sleeper, chair, coffee table, table with chairs, fridge coffee maker etc... SOmeone said the tvs were old box type..this was not true for our room, we had 2 flat screen tvs. Door into our bedroom with king size bed. Our room faced the highway but the noise wasnt noticble. My only complaint was that the bed moved everytime my husband did would wake me up. We had this issue at another Hilton property so I'm thinking it may be the framing they had it set on wasn't very firm.
Free drinks and bar snacksi n the lobby..not sure why anyone would complain about this? Also wonderful breakfast in the morning, read some complaints about the line, but I will tell you I timed it and my husband stood in line 15 minutes to get 2 custom omlettes. Pretty sure we would have waited that long in any restaurant. Again it's free!!! They also had cereal, bacon, sausage, breads, scrambeled eggs, fruit etc...jiuce, coffe milk.
There is a nice in door swimming pool and hot tub, there are a ferw ouside chairs to sit on if you choose to go outside. There is also a workour room by the pool. Nice and clean. Stopped by the spa and the prices were resonable but we didnt have time to try it out, but overheard others say it was nice.
CLose to old town st. charles with many restaurants, bars and shops.
We would stay here again

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We booked this hotel for our 10th wedding anniversary. It was by far the best place we ever stayed. Clean room, good location and value made it a very pleasant stay. We were happy with all the amenities offered at the hotel. Especially the shuttle service which will take you anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel for free, and also pick you up and take you to another location. Our concierge Justin went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. Champagne on ice, chocolates, and a beautiful view made this a very special anniversary. In the morning the complimentary breakfast which was available from 6 am until 10:30 am was fantastic. It included cooked to order omelets and pancakes, as well as an all you can eat buffet. A beautiful hotel with wonderful service this place will definitely go on our list of favorite places to stay near saint louis.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank 1liltoot
il
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel three nights, along with another family, for the July 4th holiday weekend. We chose Embassy Suites because of the "value" of having a nice mangers reception and great breakfast to start our days. Here's what we recieved, an average room, a managers reception that consisted of stale chips and salsa, gold fish crackers, and burned popcorn. Are you serious? People actually waited in line for this terrible selection of "o'devours." The breakfast wasn't much better. If you wanted the "cooked to order" breakfast, plan on waiting in line for up to an hour. And, no, it didn't matter what time you went. One morning we were there by 7:30 a.m., then next morning 9:30, and the last morning 10 a.m. It was 40-60 minutes no matter what time you showed up. They had one very nice young man cooking omlets for a sold out hotel (poor guy). The first night the air conditioning in our room didn't work the room was nearly 80 degrees (hotel was "sold out" they couldn't move us). The next day the promised a new room (with aircondition)...but they "forgot" and by the time we returned to the hotel all they had left was smoking room (not a great choice for people with asthma and allergies). So, what did they do? They couldn't give us any money back because we "prepaid," so they offered us a free extra night. While I appreciate the gesture, it didn't fix the numerous problems and we still paid $120 per night for the first two nights. I would avoid this hotel at all costs. There are many nicer Embassy Suites in the area that actually have nice manager receptions and real made to order breakfasts without the wait. Our families enjoyed the pool and the compliamentary shuttle rides to a few nearby places...but the hotel itself? Never again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are a little larger, but I still do not recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank mtclg
Chicago
Reviewed 22 June 2011

It seems like a good value But, in the end I feel charges are less than honest. Just tell me I need to take a cab after 11:00, or vouchers won't cover some charges, or online pricing is not what it appears. Be careful customers about honesty up front.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Middle-aged-man45
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Stayed over Memorial Weekend. Hotel was very crowded, i'm sure it was 100% full. The hotel is nice and has lots of good amenities. One of the things you need to keep in mind is that it is right across the highway from the Ameristar casino and is attached to a convention center. That means people are constantly coming and going from there - casino, weddings, etc. That's neither good nor bad, depending on what you are looking for. With the free drinks during happy hour, it was incredibly loud in our room on the 5th floor. Also, the drinking and partying kept going well past the 7:30 stop time. If you want quiet, don't stay here on the weekend. Breakfast is free, which is great. The problem is that if you want any meat (yes, I am serious) or an omelet, you have to wait in line. There's no way I was going to do that either Sat or Sun morning. On Sat there were easily 50 people in line, and it wasn't moving. On Sunday we ate cereal and fruit and watched the 25 or so in line stand around and wait. Not a good system. One of the main reasons we stayed here was for the indoor pool. We took our 2 year old daughter down to swim at about 7:30 on Saturday night. The pool is not large but not tiny. There were 12-15 young boys in the pool unsupervised (which is against their written policy) being extremely loud and vulgar. I went to ask the front desk to ask for their assistance with the issue and was told they couldn't do anything because they didn't know who the parents were. Weak. The pool was unusable on Saturday night which was really upsetting.

Overall, this SHOULD be a great hotel. It is clean and has good amenities. The problem is with the environment and what appears to be their inability to deal with a crowded situation.

Also, no free internet and old tube TVs with no DVD players. Need to get with the times!

Room Tip: Maybe one in the corners to avoid the noise?
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gdg2173
morton, illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Noise -- The atrium area, while beautiful is a very poor design. Noise travels up the atrium to the top floors. We were on the 10th floor and could hear people hollering late into the night while we sat in our living room area. The only plus is that the bedroom was quite. During the manager's reception, they offer free drinks. So, you have lots of people imbibing heavily. The bar is also in the atrium area, so many simply move over and continue. Not relaxing at all.

Lines -- Wait for the elevator in the morning. Only 3 elevators and they are all full. Wait in line at the breakfast. If you want hot food, there is a long.........line for omelets. Cold breakfast is available with minimal wait and includes cold eggs and pancakes. Fruit was essentially out the first day and not replenished quickly. Wait for your drink during the manager's reception.

Kids -- We weren't sure why this hotel appealed to families, but it seemed to. Lots of kids and very few well behaved ones. Running through the lobby. Helping themselves to food during the manager's reception. Jumping in the pool and the hot tub. Running through the breakfast area. Perhaps there was an ADHD convention this weekend. Kids are like dogs. Everyone thinks theirs is well behaved and adorable. Very few are actually correct. For those of us who actually wanted to sit in the hot tub or get food at breakfast without being run into, this is not the place.

Our take on the place: Breakfast was sub par for comparable properties. Relaxation opportunities were sub par. Service was above average for the most part. Staff were friendly and helpful, but seemed overwhelmed. Our room was not made up the first day even though we were out until 3 pm. I don't see the high marks for this place. Definitely not a repeat stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suites for a business meeting. The check in process was easy and the staff was friendly. The hotel is a tower of rooms surrounding a large airy atrium. Noise travels and echos in the atrium so although it is beautiful and well kept, I wouldn't call it relaxing. There is a spa downstairs. Unfortunately, I didn't see a price list for the spa in the room so I didn't decide to go down if I didn't know what the prices would look like.

The room was the standard two room suite from Embassy Suites. The front room is equipped with a couch, table and entertainment center. A small bar with microwave and fridge are opposite of a spacious bath. The bed is in another room towards the windows.

I found the towels and bathroom amenities to be better than average for hotels (but still not soft like the ones I have in my home). The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I genuinely got a good sleep (although the temperature controls/heater could have done a little better).

The worst part of my stay was the restaurant. Although Embassy Suites have a great manager's reception at night, I wanted something more substantial than pretzels and snacks so I tried the restaurant. I ordered the Steak Florentine Tourendo's. For $36, you'd expect not to get microwaved greenbeans and potatoes that sat so long under a heat lamp that they were simply inedible. The steak was well prepared, but the tiny steak was the only thing that one could eat. The wine selection and service was average at best.

Overall, I'd recommend it for it's easy highway access, spacious comfortable rooms and free cooked to order breakfast... I'd just say to stay away from the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business