“Great Location for most everything”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Great Location for most everything”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I recently stayed at this location due to the lack of space else where. I was pleasantly surprised. Not by the service and experience,(which was great), but that the location is easy to get anywhere fun. It is across the interstate from old St. Charles. I have never seen as many places to eat and drink as in the old historic downtown. The next weekend was the Lewis and Clark days, celebrating the date of departure for the expedition. That is whole other story. The service inside the hotel was attentive, and professional.

Room Tip: Any room location is good. if you want a cook to order omelet go early before everyone gets there. O...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
St.Louis-St.Charles, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent location to hold this conference!As a first time vendor attending such an event we were very impressed with the accommodations overall - from booking a room online to setting up our booth in the vendor hall! Everything was great! Very friendly staff and appreciated the shuttle service!

Olive Branch, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was one of the nicest Weekend Trips away from home for me and my wife. From the unique layout of the Hotel Entrance to the Awesome Service of the Front Desk Staff (namely Adija and Chris), this was a perfect weekend getaway for us that included Excellent Customer Service, Excellent Food, and and Excellent Hotel Room and View. Thanks for an AWESOME Experience!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Whiteman AFB, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel was overall very good. Room was clean, staff was nice 99% of the time and amenities were above and beyond. The breakfast is a nice touch as well as the evening reception. Be careful when dealing with the complimentary shuttle and front desk regarding this however - as they may not give an accurate estimate of time.

Appomattox, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

In my 35 years of business and family traveling, Embassy Suites is by far one of the best Hotels I have ever stayed at. With its large array of amenities, including restaurant and conference facilities it is both business friendly and family friendly. I highly recommend Embassy Suites.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

First off, we LOVE the embassy suites for so many reasons. We often run away when things get to be to much to one not more than 20 minutes from where I live and it's usually the first hotel we look for when were not doing the BnB's. This one, like the others, share the same good, and bad, things. First, ALWAYS op for the premium suites. They're $20 more but they all charge you $10 for internet and the premium rooms get it for free. Another bonus, you get an access number for the candy/snack/soda machine. Free for any of it and if your like my husband, you'll easily get the other $10 back in soda and junk food, lol.

There are three things that make the embassy stand out. First, my husband is an insanely early waker. I, am not. He can get up at 4am (See? Nuts), shut the bedroom door and watch the first of two TV's in the "livingroom." He likes me better when I'm well rested.

Second, they have a reception from 5:30 to 7:30 with snack food and free drinks. Including booze. Unlike our home embassy, this one tried to get away by making premade special batches, but they didn't balk at most any other simple drink request. Don't go expecting grey goose lol. I will admit we cheat if we forget to bring a bottle of wine for the room, and make a few trips and bring the drinks upstairs, lol. This gal was so busy we didn't even try.

Third is the breakfast. OMG, they're amazing! Just as good as any fancy hotel or even restaurant and it no way is your average hotel breakfast!

So, the Saturday thing? First, they're usually packed. Weddings, etc. so getting that drink, or omelet made, isn't easy. There are LINES. We've learned to do our getaways at home on a Sunday. Ahhhhh, Sundays. Where you can go to the pool because it's not stuffed with kids, and you can get to know the bartender,

So why the average rating? The room was musty. Even though I'm sure it had been occupied the day before, it had a "lived in" smell to it. The parking was strange as was having some of the ambiance we count on inside, outside. It was just strange. The bed was okay but again, not like ours up here in Kansas City. Maybe I'm just spoiled, lol.

As usual, the pool was packed, the halls were noisy with kids running up and down each hallway, and the lines for an omelette? Good thing they have a bar with additional food. All great. Also, the tub was way to small. I'm not sure why but most of the suites have larger bathtubs which makes not going to the pool okay, but this hotel had a itty bitty one.

So, anyway, we were a little disappointed. Just not the quality were use to in the suites. It did, however, make me realize what a gem we had here (it's the airport hotel) and I'll tip our bar guy, Dallas, even bigger when we see him next!

Room Tip: Join the hilton honors club. So very worth it. Stay on the premium floor. Again, worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Greentown, Indiana
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My family attended a conference here. We loved the facility, the glass elevators and the big open atrium made the place special as far as the attraction of the hotel. It is also extremely convenient, easy off and on the interstate. As far as being able to attend a conference and sleep a few feet away from the conference center, was fabulous!! The overall atmosphere of hotel and conference center was one of comfort and convenience. Some of the staff were friendly, others were just doing their job, but that is to be expected at a place this large. Either way there really was no complaints about our stay. If I had one, I would say that while the room was "clean" it did feel like it could have used a bit more attention to details. We spent 4 nights here and one day the house keeping person forgot to give us soap and two nights in a row, they forgot to include the bag for the ice bucket. The last night we went to make up the sofa bed for my daughter and the sheets were wet. Despite these small details, I still have to give this place a very good review because overall the hotel has an inviting atmosphere, the majority of the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar was very good and able to accommodate my family's special dietary needs which is rare for hotels. The rooms were spacious enough for comfort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family