“Will definitely return to an Embassy Suites property!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Seattle
“Will definitely return to an Embassy Suites property!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Okay, I debated between giving this hotel 4 or 5 stars, and I would say that it's a solid 4 1/2. I was traveling on business (in my mid-30's) . I'm going to start with some observations; which include a few minor critiques, but I want to emphasize that these are not complaints. This is a great property!

Here are my thoughts:

1. I am quite fond of this hotel. This was actually my best business travel experience in terms of lodging. There was plenty of space to actually get some work done, including a couch and a comfortable desk. The access to Wi-Fi was great!

2. This is a comfortable hotel for anyone of any age range -- and it doesn't present any obvious concerns for travelers with mobility issues . While there were clearly many business travelers staying here, there were people of all age ranges and I believe their needs were equally met.

3. Okay, the décor is a bit dated, but that really doesn't matter; does it? The property is clean, good quality, and well-maintained. Definitely not brand new, but really, truly well cared for and again, comfortable.

4. This is an exceptional value for the cost.

5. The service is great! The staff was consistently friendly and professional. They were willing to help whenever I had a question, whether it meant calling a cab, storing my luggage, or just giving me travel tips. Plus the free shuttle into town is an excellent service! I really appreciated it.

6. Free happy hour is a really nice bonus! I loved being able to have a soda or a beer, a light snack, and just sit in the lobby area in the evenings. This was a great! I took advantage of this, and appreciated the invitation to relax a bit.

7. I had dinner in the restaurant my first night, and it was a bit over priced for the offerings. The food was fine, but nothing special. I wish I would've just traveled into the historic district on the free shuttle for dinner my first night. I was really glad that I did so the second night and checked out the food trucks and live music on the river. What a treat!

8. The breakfast buffet is nice! I truly appreciated this amenity. It was great to be able to grab a convenient bite in the morning without putting much thought into it. The food was good and most dietary needs were met. For me, it worked great!

9. The rooms are comfortable. My only complaint is that I could smell cigarette smoke coming in through the ventilation. This was gross, and I didn't like it, but it was tolerable.

10. The location was great in terms of my work, but I also had a great deal of fun checking out historic St. Charles. There are some neat tourist attractions that I hope to see on a future visit because it was actually hard to narrow down to what I had time for in a short visit. I decided to see the St. Louis Arches, about 30 minutes away by cab. I'm really glad that I did and would recommend it!

I will not only return to another Embassy Suites hotel (and, definitely this property the next time I'm in St. Charles), but I've already begun scoping out some other Embassy Suites properties for future lodging needs.

This is a good property and a great value!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Fair Lawn, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A great place for business or pleasure. Historic St. Charles is charming and a delight for those who enjoy fine dining. Close to the ARCH in St. Louis as a side trip. The hotel has many amenities from breakfast to the social at night. Great place to hang out and relax.

Wamego, Kansas
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was my first stay at an Embassy Suites, and I won't plan on staying again for awhile. It wasn't my choice to stay, it was selected by someone in our group.

The biggest fault on my list to start out with is the Wi-Fi issue. On our devices, wi-fi would've cost over $40 a night, on what was already an expensive stay.

Stayed for 3 nights. The first night, the hotel was very crowded, and loud from the bar area, even on the 9th floor. This could be blamed on guests however. The pool was okay, except on the final night of our stay, when it seemed to be a single mother's night, with 3 young women and TEN screaming kids, that they paid no attention to. The hot tub was broken, which left very little room in the pool for us, which we eventually gave up and left.

The vending machines were outrageous for a soda, in my humble opinion, with a soda costing $2.50. This would've translated to $22.50 in sodas for the weekend, for one soda per night per member of our group. Fountain drinks in the gift shop were the same price.

To top it off, the hotel seemed highly over priced for the weekend, for all the more of a resort that it pretends to be.

I've stayed at the only hotel in the area near the same height, that's just down the highway, and I'll go back there instead next time.

The breakfast made the trip tolerable, it was absolutely FANTASTIC. Our room was on the 9th flr, which made a good view, from the window and out on the balcony.

Room Tip: Park in the back of the building, using room key to open the gate. Upper floors seem to be good on w...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ReidB950
Tim L, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
We greatly apologize for the frustration you experienced during your stay. The hot tub required an emergency repair and is open again. I am sorry we were unable to accomplish this in a shorter time period.

In the future, we do have an option that may better suit your needs. Our premium floor includes internet for all devices as well as an upgraded coffee in the suite. Additionally, you have unlimited access to our snack and drink credenza.
St. Charles, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is in serious need of refurbishing! Smoking is allowed on some floors and the entire place reeks like an old college bar. This is absolutely not a place to bring your children as the air quality is awful.

2 Thank Cheryl R
I am so sorry you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. I am happy to discuss this situation with you further. I can be reached at 636-866-0146. Our hotel has 296 rooms, each of which is a two room suite. Less than 4% of our inventory is dedicated to rooms in which you can smoke. The remainder of our facility is smoke free. I am sorry you did not have a good experience. I hope you reach out so that we can make it right.
Chesapeake, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was my first time in an Embassy Suite, and I would definitely return. The accommodations were exceptional and the service was excellent. The room was super clean, the breakfast was delicious, and the staff were so attentive. Stay here if you can!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The rooms are great here, new, up to date interior, furniture.
Clean common areas, and the hotel rooms too.

Would be perfect for a family since there is a separate living room, bathroom and bedroom. Or a group of kids for sports traveling you could put 4 people per room.
There is a wet bar counter area in the room with microwave, refrigerator which was very useful.
The bathroom in the room was larger than normal hotel bathrooms. Very spacious.

The only really big complaint personally if you are a light sleeper is the A/C unit is in the bedroom right next to the closet.
When that thing comes on it rumbles and wakes you if you are a light sleeper so either turn it up the temperature to a warmer setting, so it doesn't run all night or shut it off.
Just a personal preference as it rumbled louder than a normal air conditioner in most hotel rooms.
It is a 4.5 foot panel in the wall for the unit/air intake area and you can't not help but hear it in the bedroom at the foot of the bed.
Perhaps other people it wouldn't bother, and even others on this trip said it did not matter to them, again it is a personal preference but overall was not awful, there are worse things to have to deal with in hotels.

The only thing that is not appealing personally, is the standard glass windows that face out to the common area atrium area to every hotel room. If you want privacy you have to keep those curtains closed 24/7.
So make sure you ask for a room at the end of the hallways if you want more privacy so people aren't constantly walking past your room and you don't hear them all the time.

Do not park down the hill to the right of the hotel when your looking at it if you have to use a luggage cart or you might coast down the hill with luggage cart on that steeper than normal slope in the parking lot. Adventures in travel.

The interior is great easy to get throughout convention center without going outside if it is raining.
Great venue for a convention or conference with lots of breakout rooms or a wedding.

Manager has the drinks and snacks at night but did not attend to busy on this trip.
Free breakfast also which everyone raved about but did not partake personally.

The restaurant inside the hotel is recommendable.
Service seemed to take awhile for it not being packed full of customers but food was really good. Soup was great and main meal.
Great healthy dinner without having to eat fast food.
Took awhile also to get the bill too so ask for it earlier if in a hurry.

Desk staff was kind, friendly, and personable.
Over the top helpful with late checkouts and with making sure we get our points for our hotel stay and noticed an error for us and pointed it out.
Called down to the front desk at midnight one night for the password to the WIFI and staff gave it freely, but say other reviewers complaining of this. It is a AT&T hot spot.
All hotels should have free internet in today's world.
Becoming standard required offering for business travelers.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room at the end of the hallways if you want more privacy so people aren'...
1 Thank FeedbackYouNeed2Hear
Lamar, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Once we figured out the correct exit we had an easy time getting to the hotel from I-70. For the most part it was very nice. Unfortunately our room was a corner room with air conditioners right outside so it was a little noisey. Other than that the room was quite comfortable. The location was great for visiting the downtown area of St. Charles and easy access to I-70.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple