Okay, I debated between giving this hotel 4 or 5 stars, and I would say that it's a solid 4 1/2. I was traveling on business (in my mid-30's) . I'm going to start with some observations; which include a few minor critiques, but I want to emphasize that these are not complaints. This is a great property!
Here are my thoughts:
1. I am quite fond of this hotel. This was actually my best business travel experience in terms of lodging. There was plenty of space to actually get some work done, including a couch and a comfortable desk. The access to Wi-Fi was great!
2. This is a comfortable hotel for anyone of any age range -- and it doesn't present any obvious concerns for travelers with mobility issues . While there were clearly many business travelers staying here, there were people of all age ranges and I believe their needs were equally met.
3. Okay, the décor is a bit dated, but that really doesn't matter; does it? The property is clean, good quality, and well-maintained. Definitely not brand new, but really, truly well cared for and again, comfortable.
4. This is an exceptional value for the cost.
5. The service is great! The staff was consistently friendly and professional. They were willing to help whenever I had a question, whether it meant calling a cab, storing my luggage, or just giving me travel tips. Plus the free shuttle into town is an excellent service! I really appreciated it.
6. Free happy hour is a really nice bonus! I loved being able to have a soda or a beer, a light snack, and just sit in the lobby area in the evenings. This was a great! I took advantage of this, and appreciated the invitation to relax a bit.
7. I had dinner in the restaurant my first night, and it was a bit over priced for the offerings. The food was fine, but nothing special. I wish I would've just traveled into the historic district on the free shuttle for dinner my first night. I was really glad that I did so the second night and checked out the food trucks and live music on the river. What a treat!
8. The breakfast buffet is nice! I truly appreciated this amenity. It was great to be able to grab a convenient bite in the morning without putting much thought into it. The food was good and most dietary needs were met. For me, it worked great!
9. The rooms are comfortable. My only complaint is that I could smell cigarette smoke coming in through the ventilation. This was gross, and I didn't like it, but it was tolerable.
10. The location was great in terms of my work, but I also had a great deal of fun checking out historic St. Charles. There are some neat tourist attractions that I hope to see on a future visit because it was actually hard to narrow down to what I had time for in a short visit. I decided to see the St. Louis Arches, about 30 minutes away by cab. I'm really glad that I did and would recommend it!
I will not only return to another Embassy Suites hotel (and, definitely this property the next time I'm in St. Charles), but I've already begun scoping out some other Embassy Suites properties for future lodging needs.
This is a good property and a great value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites St. Charles Hotel is located in St. Charles, Missouri, just 20 miles from downtown St. Louis. Lambert International Airport is just ten minutes away. The hotel is connected to the expansive St. Charles Convention Center, offering large and flexible event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites St Charles
- Embassy Suites Saint Charles
- Saint Charles Embassy Suites