“Wonderful”

Ranked #4 of 272 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I went to Bella Vino last night for the first time, and I was very impressed with all aspects of the restaurant. The food and drink selections were quite unique and delicious. The service, ambiance, and decor were phenomenal as well. I'm excited for my next visit, which will surely be very soon!

1  Thank Brent H

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Incredible! This place has got to be one of the best, if not the best, new restaurant on Main Street. Started off with a cucumber martini - very refreshing. Our favorites were the chorizo stuffed dates, I think they even had BACON in there, seared ahi tuna and the duck flatbread! OMG! So very, very good. They have signature cocktails and the wine list is loaded. BTW - they make a gooey butter cake too! We had a great time!

1  Thank LindaandButch
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Menu includes a nice selection of salads, pasta, risotto, and flatbread pizzas in addition to their tapas items. I started with a seared tuna salad which was very tasty. The tuna was cooked just the way I like it with a nice crust on the outside and rare on the inside. For a main I had the Cajun tilapia from the tapas menu which was served with blackened shrimp on a bed of risotto. Delicious! The night I was there bottles of wine were half price. I ordered a bottle but was unable to finish, so they re-corked it and let me take it with me. Great food, great service. I will return next time I am in town.

1  Thank Ned S
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We visited Bella Vino on a Sunday morning just as they were opening, so we were the second customers of the day. The local tourist bureau had recommended it as one of two brunch restaurants on Main Street in the historic area of St. Charles. We weren't disappointed.
I had a mimosa and a Scotch egg with a side salad. My companion had a super vodka bloody Mary (with just the right touch of horseradish. They also had a selection of brunch items served as tapas. Food and drink quality were first rate.
The building is an old house. The bar is in the front hall. The main dinning area is one side of the house where walls have been removed to make a large room. There are tables with umbrellas in the front and a large shaded outdoor deck in the back. The building, being an historic structure is not very handicapped accessible.
Although there are a number of fun eating places on old Main Street in St. Charles, Missouri, Bella Vino is definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank MCL925
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I just happened upon this little gem a couple of months ago. We have already been back 5 times! Everything that comes out of their kitchen is utterly delicious. The chorizo stuffed dates wrapped in bacon are to die for! It is our new favorite al fresco date night dining spot. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgable of their menu items and wine list. Can't say enough good things about this treasure. Looking forward to our next visit!

2  Thank mountaingirl60