“Perfect & comfortable!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

If you visit st. Charles this is the best place to stay. Clean comfortable and quiet, you can walk to all shops and even to the casino. It is right next to Katy trail to walk and ride your bike. Morning breakfast is quite good and the employees work very hard to keep it replenish and clean. Only con would be a slow elevator!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fawn1820
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I can't begin to say enough about this place.

My most memorable stay was during a 10-inch snowstorm. I started my day with a flat tire at 10:00 AM. The snow started falling heavily after that. Got the tire fixed and made it back to the hotel by 4:00 PM.

The staff greeted me and asked if I needed anything. I said, "Yes, I have not eaten." Their restaurant was not open, but they agreed to start calling local restaurants. They then called my room and asked me to place an order. Within an hour, a 4-wheeler pulled up (2 girls braver than I) with about 40 meals. The staff called each guest in every room to see who needed food.

Talk about Customer Service!!!!!

Breakfast the next morning was great. This location serves the best breakfast out of the five states that I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Call ahead as they are near the casino and get booked fast.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BartlettDan
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this Country Inn and Suites. Located as close as you can get to the charming downtown, my favorite aspect was the lobby "living room" where people actually gathered and spent a little down time looking through the library of resources. Friendly and helpful staff, clean and spacious rooms (although my refrigerator was too noisy) with comfortable beds, hot beverages, fresh fruit and cookies...What more could you ask? Oh yes, a hot tub with good, strong jets!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Honey1316
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The location is the best part about this hotel. In front of the hotel is the historic cobblestone street, and directly behind the hotel is the Katy Trail that actually runs through the edge of this property. The hotel was clean and well maintained.

We couldn't get over the ceiling height in our room, I believe it was 10 ft. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool area and used it both nights. Its open until midnight which is nice if you want to explore St. Louis during the afternoon then return for some late night swimming.

In my opinion the breakfast was border line not edible. The only reason we returned the second morning was because my kids enjoyed the cereal. Not only was the food not very good, it was overly crowded in the breakfast area. This made for an unpleasant experience each morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travis928
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a great hotel, with wonderful staff, in a lovely location and in walking distance along the beautiful riverfront to fun restaurants and shopping. All the staff were lovely to deal with and most accommodating. The indoor pool is full of family fun and the breakfast had enough variety, everyone was happy. It's clean and vey comfortable. We had a great stay and so will you!!

Room Tip: It's a very quiet hotel when it has to be and lively during the day. Ideal for families!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank schroederatl
Reviewed 9 June 2014

From the moment I called regarding reservations, Lisa was so helpful. And she was there to check us in. We had two rooms. One handicap, which my parents enjoyed. And our, which was large with everything we needed. Very clean and comfortable. The coffee and cookies that welcomed us was a wonderful treat. The breakfast was good. It was so nice to eat on real plates. Parking is in a garage under the hotel. All very convenient!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bjmadala
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I were here in St. Charles for three day to attend the Geocaching event in the very convenient nearby Frontier Park. The proximity to the park was one of the main reasons we chose this hotel. But more importantly it was it's rating here on Trip Advisor. We were greeted well upon arrival. Fresh coffee and cookies were always in the lobby for us to enjoy. The room was very well appointed and clean. A nice well managed breakfast room with plenty of seating. The breakfast attendant made sure everything was kept filled. I would certainly come back to the group of hotels again should I find myself in their area.

Room Tip: I don't believe this hotel has bad rooms. All seem very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends