“Great location and hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great location and hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2007

Check in was very smooth and quick. Parking was around back, with outside and covered parking. Our room was very nice and clean. The room had high ceilings which I think made it feel bigger than it actually was. You didn't feel so closed in. We had the jacuzzi suite. The jacuzzi wasn't really that big for 2 people, we were pretty squished and we both aren't tall. The shower had the shower curtain that curves outward, so your not touching the curtain while taking a shower. I like that feature! It also nice toiletries. The location is perfect. It is walking distance to so many restaurants, shops, bars, and casino. It is in a quiet area though, we were facing the street and I was concerned regarding noise, but didn't hear a thing. We were on the first floor also.
We didn't use the pool, hottub, or fitness center, so I can't comment on that. The pool area did look clean, small though. The breakfast in the morning was good. Hot items offered too along with the waffels, and the regular continental type bfast. I was very pleased with the whole hotel!

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank kathhays

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Saint Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2006

We stayed in this hotel for our anniversary week-end away. It is perfectly located between the quaint St. Charles Main Street and the enormous Ameristar Casino. The lobby is small but pretty. The room was really big with very high ceilings. We were on the third floor. The staff was friendly and even called up to our room to be sure it was to our liking. The continental breakfast was good and even had sausage and egg biscuits. There was also always hot cocoa in the lobby (since it was FREEZING outside). Parking is good, and you can definitely walk to Main Street. I would not, however, necessarily suggest walking to the casino. People drive fast, and it's just as easy to park and go in. I felt like I was risking life and limb walking, but this might also be because the sidewalks were covered in ice and essentially unuseable. The only problem I had with this hotel was that the halls were somewhat smoky. But once we entered our room, it was fine. Definitely a great place to stay.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — smoky hallways
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank JillSt.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2006

I would have rated 5 stars if it were not the unprofessional front desk. We stayed this hotel twice. We both checked in at midnight. We were a party of three. The first stay was fine. The front desk did not give us double-bed which I reserved. She changed it back after I found out it was a king bed. I guessed it was because it was not sold out. The second stay was unpleasant. We arrived at 1AM and was surprised to find out the double-bed was sold out. There was only king bed available. The front desk was indifferent and suggested us take it or find other hotel else. Hello!!! The other Country Inn was miles away and we had to pay the price difference. I would have found other hotels if it were not midnight. We were tired after the whole day driving. We ended up taking a king bed for three people. The single sofa was narrow and not comfortable at all. They must believe everyone is slender. It is a new and clean hotel with good breakfast-not many varities but yummy. But the aweful front desk just[-----------] me off.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2006

If you're staying in St. Charles, this is a great location at one end of the Main Street historic district. The hotel has plenty of parking, some of which is covered. The rooms are clean, well furnished and look to be relatively new. They include a free breakfast, it's good too!

The location is ideal for someone who wants to visit the Main Street area without staying right in the middle of it. It's in a quiet area, we had no problems with noise from the outdoors.

I travel regularly and can say I've paid a whole lot more for a whole lot less many, many times!

• Stayed May 2006