“Nice extended stay”

TownePlace Suites St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The staff at this location was very friendly and cordial. The beds are soft, although I don't usually care for soft beds, they did sleep pretty well. This is the second TownePlace that I have stayed at that do not have a dresser and that confuses me as they are an extended stay motel. The water pressure was strong and their was plenty of hot water. I was disappointed that they did not have flat screen TV's but they did have a good selection of channels. I had a good strong internet signal. It is a little difficult to find but their are some good restaurants and shopping nearby. I would visit this location again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BusymanMissouri

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Things I like:
1. Heated outdoor pool, which was not mentioned in the amenities. We were there late Oct so little cold outside, but the pool still open. I wish I know ahead of time and bring my swimming suits.
2. All rooms are smoking free with WIFI
3. Full kitchen on site. Not good as in your home but good enough.
4. Offer joint rooms.
5. Convenient location (but little hard to find if you came from out town)

I dislike:
1. No king size bed
2. Air condition is not quite good, one tiny twitch would cause either too hot or too cold
3. The room is little small
4. The mattress and pillows were way too soft, make my back and neck hurt next day
5, Can not make phone calls with my calling card

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelerbunny
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The front desk staff here is really friendly and helpful; they even send directions in an email ahead of time so you know how to find them. That's why it's hard for me to write a less than glowing review of this property. I personally won't be staying here again but I wish the next St. Louis area hotel I stay in could steal the employees.

First of all, the hallways smell really funky. I'm sure it's from somebody's cooking but it is unappetizing to have to smell it when you walk in. This property is extremely dated and worn; they still have tube tv! The bed is way too soft and the furniture is in terrible need of revamping. The employees just don't make up for the shortcomings and comfort of the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

In my view, a "3" rating means it was a reasonably good place to stay. The location can be just a bit difficult to find since it is tucked in behind some other buildings along the street. There was no signage that I saw. The person checking us in was very pleasant. The room was decent. My wife said the bed was a bit too soft for her. The room was clean, and that is always important. The breakfast is a bit on the paltry side as far as selections, but I wouldn't let that be a determining factor in whether to stay at this location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had to ask for clean towels more than once - had to carry our dirty towels out to the hallway to give to the maid. No refresher service. No maid service. Had to go in the hallway and get toilet tissue from the maid cart we found at the end of the hallway! No cleaning the room - not once. Hotel clerk asked "well did you have the "no service" hanger on the door?" No we did not - not once. Didn't even see a "no service hanger" in the room to put on the door! No discount, no credit, no nothing for this lack of customer service.

Room Tip: one night would be fine - just don't expect maid service!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We were there for a one-night stay and it was fine. Pros: kitchenette, clean, comfortable. Cons: hard to find, very slow wi-fi internet, very limited breakfast choices ( I guess because many guests stay for longer periods & make use of the kitchenette). They do allow dogs, though, for which I give them an "attaboy". The staff who we encountered were pleasant to deal with. Although it was not my favorite place to stay our trip, we certainly would stay there again. This facility is behind a medical facility which faces the street. You have to enter a shopping center and drive behind the medical facility to find the Town Suites. We did not see any signage on the street indicating that the Town Suites were there.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scooterguy
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I just returned from a 2 night stay at this property. My daughter and I were taking a college visit to Columbia, so it was a good location for driving. We arrived on the later side our first night. Upon check in I told the clerk that I would be using gift cards at check out and she said no problem, "I'll make a note in the computer". We went to our room, and found that there were no linens for the sofa bed. I called front desk, and she brought some after about 15 minutes. The room was adequate for our needs...nothing fancy...but an odd layout..and when the sofa bed is pulled out, it butts up to the end of the bed...not much room to get around. There is also a very awkwardly situated tv and stand that you must avoid running into.

The walls are also rather thin, and we could hear doors slamming, and people in the hallways...and people were at the pool late..which is right outside the front entrance.

Our problem occurred at check out, when of course, no note was ever made regarding my payment. In fact, she said, the only note is for foam pillows..which I never had. After about 15 minutes of computer work, the clerk, I think fixed the error, and I was able to use my gift cards...hoping that the charge does not also appear on my credit card.

These employees don't seem to be very polished...in fact, when I called for a wake up call, the clerk said, oh, I'm not sure I know how to do that...I'll leave a note for the night person. Really?? A wake up call should be basic training. If we return to this area, I'm sure we'll look for another hotel. Also, as another reviewer said...it is nearly impossible to find...no sign on the Main Street...and we found by accident...only one entrance next to a strip plaza.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business