Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis
Comfort Suites St.Charles - St.Louis(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$93
ComfortSuites
Wingate by Wyndham St. Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$89
Super 8 St Charles(Saint Charles)
US$75
US$69
Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$105
US$139
US$120
US$208
All reviewstexas roadhousebass pro shopgenuine careclean roomsan updatewaffleseasy accesslisastcharleshighwaycasinolouis
Reviewed 19 June 2013

A group of us rented several rooms here over the weekend. I'll start with my reservation experience. I called the hotel direct around 10:30am on a Thursday morning. No answer. I called 5x in a row before someone picked up. When he did pick up, it was difficult to communicate, and after quoting me a price, I asked what he needed from me to book it. This was followed by seconds of breathing and background noise and finally disconnection. So I booked online. If you sign up for their loyalty program, you automatically get 15% off.

We checked in. The room was comfortable. We couldn't complain - about what we expected for what we paid. Then I looked at the telephone, which had 3 or 4 ants crawling on it. There were holes in the phone where it was missing some buttons, and when I touched the phone, the ants would scurry inside those holes. I inspected the back of the table and saw another ant crawling around the place where the phone plugs into the wall. So the next morning I asked them to take care of the ants before we left for the day.

My roommate came back to the room for a nap around 1pm and stayed until around 5pm. When she woke, she told me that although she didn't hang the "Do Not Disturb" sign, she was surprised that no one ever came to the room to clean. I called the hotel around 5pm and mentioned this and the ants again, and they said they would send someone up to take care of it.

When we returned around midnight, the ants were still there although they said they sprayed. My guess is that they didn't spray the phone. I would have hoped they would have replaced the phone.

Also, it seemed that when the guy came up to spray for bugs, he was asked to take care of housecleaning, which meant all he did was dump trash and replace towels. They explained that if you have any personal items on top of a surface, they cannot touch that service, and that this is an industry-wide practice whether here or The Hilton. I had taken pictures of the state of our room when we returned and explained that the only thing on my bed was a small stuffed animal...and this meant they couldn't make the bed?!? Guess they didn't wipe any tables because we had personal belongings on the tables?

So I checked with others in the group and found that: 1) one had a band-aid stuck to his desk and a toothpick lying across the notepad which still bore a stain from the last drink placed upon it, 2) another room had ants and received calls at 11:05am for being in the room 5 mins past the 11am checkout (most hotels allow a little grace period from our experience).

One of the front desk guys was not helpful, walking away from me as I tried to explain my dilemma and ultimately telling me to come back after 3pm when another guy could help me. The other guy was very nice and helpful; however, he still did uphold that my small stuffed animal was reason enough they couldn't make the beds or touch any service that touched my personal items.

If requested, I can post the photos I took.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alice99
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The staff is really nice but you will get a better night's rest inside of your car! After a long day of driving, we just wanted a place to stop late at night - grab a few hours of sleep, shower and move on. Huge mistake. I know it's a "value" - but this was ridiculous! The shower did not work and the water in the tub would not go down. The remote for the TV did not work - the beds are equivalent to sleeping directly on wires and springs with a sheet on top. I did go report these issues to the front desk where they provided me with a new remote and offered to move me to another room where the beds were equally horrible and still the same water problem in the shower. We got up and out of there early in the morning just eager to get away. I don't recommend this place for anyone planning to actually sleep or use the shower.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. Keep going!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Renee C
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Would like to state that our 2 night stay here was enjoyable and that Bob the night clerk was very cordial and helpful. He was always available (don't know when he slept??) for information and assistance.

Ralph, CT

Room Tip: handicapped rooms are very comfortable
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

second time staying at this inn great place clean and friendly place everything at hand and with in walking distance clean rooms friendly service BIG BIG recommed to anyone to stay here casino with in walking distance and dinning places just outside the motel door and bass pro next door plus a stripe mall and hairdresser which all get my vote swimmimg pool in inn also very clean and a lovely hot breakfast each day can not think of one thing that was not 100% to my satisfaction and i am very hard to please do not miss out on this good value place you will be more then happy to stay here Denise Brown

Room Tip: any room all are good
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise B
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I recently spent 10 days in this hotel as I brought my son from South Africa to begin college at Lindenwood University in St.Charles. The owner of the hotel and her staff were friendly and courteous and really made me feel at home. They offered me a very competitive rate. The breakfast was more than sufficient and there was adequate variety. The pool was comfortably heated and very clean.I had a spacious room and it was cleaned promptly and efficiently.The beds were also very comfortable and there was no problem with noise from other guests.The hotel is conveniently situated for both the university,shopping on Main Street and the highways. I would most certainly recommend the hotel to both business travellers as well as parents of students at the university and I am sure to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: I was very happy on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo