“desk clerk very nice”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Clair
Brookfield, Canada
“desk clerk very nice”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

breakfast room nice,room was not so great it was smelly the stinky carpet and ac mold made one night a little too long would look elsewhere next time for sure, the girl at desk was very nice but it didnt make up for the poor stay best thing about it no bugs

Room Tip: i would go elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lawrenceville
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Good hotel for the price. Very kind staff. Clean rooms and close to gas station and a great mexican restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 25 June 2013

If you've read my reviews, you know I travel a lot. I have a preferred brand, but sometimes I travel on a smaller budget--especially when going to a dog show. My older (12) son and I stayed here 3 nights in late May/Early June. On the first floor, the ceilings are low and the halls are dark. At first, my son was uncomfortable because he's a bit spoiled, but he's right--it's dark and dank. The beds were ok, though the pillows were terrible. The bathroom was old and the floor needed scrubbed to get the grout clean. Ultimately, the room was ok.

Rarely was anyone at the front desk when needed--but that's a management issue. My son went to get an iron, but they one they gave him was broken. I returned to the front desk, waited for someone to show up and got a different iron. When checking out, I again had to wait for someone to come to the front desk (this time he said he was folding linens--see, that's a management problem).

While they say the offer a free breakfast, it amounts to nearly nothing--waffles; don't count on it.

Halls are also noisy; apparently, they can hear people in the room as well because I just started answering the questions the people in the hallway were asking: "Are you goin' to eat?" The unknown guest asked. "No, I'm trying to sleep," I said. It worked, though--the halls did get quieter--and I was just two doors down from the front desk; I suppose there was no one at the front desk to recognize the problem, though.

Finally, upon reviewing the bill, I saw there was a charge not previously mentioned for the room safe--except the safe was locked shut. I told the guy about that problem with the safe, and he said they would've come and opened it for me. He did take those charges off, though--so watch for that sneaky charge.

I might stay here again because there just aren't that many choices when going to Purina Farms (maybe they know that), but only if I'm trying to save money and willing to put up with it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Holden, MO
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I made reservations to stay here for a 5 day dog show at Purina Farms, then friends asked me to switch to Budget Lodging---so I cancelled my reservations. I took note of person's name and cancellation number. Thank goodness I did!! They still charged my AmExpress account. Now they tell me they will 'research' this matter---and maybe send me a refund check in the mail. REALLY? Have you joined the 21st century? I will always be happy to stay at BUDGET LODGING in Saint Clair. Local owner that cares his guests are happy & well rested. Super 8, isn't so super anymore.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Saint Clair hotels

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Needed a less expensive option this time around, so we chose the Super 8 for our trip to St. Clair. Though the price was great, room was tiny but clean, we couldn't deny the strong smells of cooking food, first in the lobby (gag) and then in the hallway to our room. Our hallway smelled like curry cooking the whole time we were there. We suspected that the owners "lived" across the hall from us, and we heard knocking on their door many times during our stay. Hotel also failed to refill our coffee bags and cups and we always had to wait for coffee to be made at breakfast - they kept running out. Not many options at breakfast for the person trying to eat healthy either. Not impressed - probably won't go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2Daystravel
Waco
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We did not stay at this Super 8 for as long as we did the one in East Moline, as we were just passing through on our way home. It was late, I think around 11pm or midnight. The lady at the front checked us in quickly and was very plesant. We were in a single queen non-smoking room (which I'd asked for) on the third floor. Though the room was nicer and more updated and the carpet definitely cleaner than the one we had just spent 4 nights in Illinois, I kept smelling the heavy odor of cheap cigars. I don't know if the people in the room across the hall from us or next door to us were smoking, but I smelled it all night long and when I woke up the next morning.

Not having an elevator and hauling two very heavy suitcases up three flights of stairs, and then back down in the morning was no picnic either. I only hope we didn't disturb anyone trying to sleep coming in and then leaving in the morning. The doors weren't very sound proof either. I left the room for a minute to go to the second floor to get my 2 year old a cup of ice and I could hear him all the way down the hallway and halfway down the stairwell. I hope he didn't keep anyone awake either. He can be quite loud. Our digital radio/alarm clock went on the fritz and would flash crazy numbers and didn't work properly, but that was ok since my husband and I both had our cell phones on us to keep time and wake us up when we needed to get up. That bathroom was pristine. Gotta love a clean bathroom!

The breakfast also had more variety than the one we'd been at, with oatmeal, fresh waffles from the waffle maker, toast, bagels with creamcheese, cinnamon rolls, apples and bananas, yogurt, cereal and a few other items. It was also in a separate room located off the lobby a little down the hallway of the first floor. Which was nice. I didn't have to get my breakfast while people were trying to check out.

The guest services room/vending/laundry room was VERY nice and comfortable with a couch and tv and a few magazines and newspapers to read. I didn't get a chance to check out the workout equipment as we weren't there but for one night. All in all, this Super 8 was much nicer than others I've stayed in, and the two staff members I came across (checking in and checking out) were very plesant.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask for a ground level or second floor room, as there are no elevators...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
#4 of 6 in Sullivan
Comfort Inn Sullivan
Comfort Inn Sullivan
#2 of 6 in Sullivan

Been to Super 8 St. Clair MO? Share your experiences!