“No air conditioning!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Clair
Cape Girardeau
“No air conditioning!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Checked into this motel on Sat afternoon with my husband and 2 boys. We were going to attend a county fair with some friends. The room was not overly cool, so when we left for the fair, we left the thermostat on 62, hoping it would cool off. When we returned to our room at midnight, the air conditioner was still not blowing out cool air. Since I knew this would not be a quick fix (and since the hallway was warm anyway) we went to bed. We had to be up very early the next morning. Had a long, hot night in the room. At checkout, I reported this about the air conditioner and wanted a discount on the room. The attendant would not give me a discount, stating I should have reported this. I told her I was not reporting something at midnight. The air conditioner should be working properly. I called the 800 number for Super 8 on Monday and was given a reference number. So far, I have received only a 10 percent discount and the management telling me the air conditioner was working after we checked out! Small cramped room, awful pillows and beds, could hear all the people in the other rooms, but room was clean. We travel quite a bit on the weekends due to our boys' sport, but will not stay at this one again.

Room Tip: There is no pool at this motel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brookfield, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

breakfast room nice,room was not so great it was smelly the stinky carpet and ac mold made one night a little too long would look elsewhere next time for sure, the girl at desk was very nice but it didnt make up for the poor stay best thing about it no bugs

Room Tip: i would go elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Saint Clair hotels

Lawrenceville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Good hotel for the price. Very kind staff. Clean rooms and close to gas station and a great mexican restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

If you've read my reviews, you know I travel a lot. I have a preferred brand, but sometimes I travel on a smaller budget--especially when going to a dog show. My older (12) son and I stayed here 3 nights in late May/Early June. On the first floor, the ceilings are low and the halls are dark. At first, my son was uncomfortable because he's a bit spoiled, but he's right--it's dark and dank. The beds were ok, though the pillows were terrible. The bathroom was old and the floor needed scrubbed to get the grout clean. Ultimately, the room was ok.

Rarely was anyone at the front desk when needed--but that's a management issue. My son went to get an iron, but they one they gave him was broken. I returned to the front desk, waited for someone to show up and got a different iron. When checking out, I again had to wait for someone to come to the front desk (this time he said he was folding linens--see, that's a management problem).

While they say the offer a free breakfast, it amounts to nearly nothing--waffles; don't count on it.

Halls are also noisy; apparently, they can hear people in the room as well because I just started answering the questions the people in the hallway were asking: "Are you goin' to eat?" The unknown guest asked. "No, I'm trying to sleep," I said. It worked, though--the halls did get quieter--and I was just two doors down from the front desk; I suppose there was no one at the front desk to recognize the problem, though.

Finally, upon reviewing the bill, I saw there was a charge not previously mentioned for the room safe--except the safe was locked shut. I told the guy about that problem with the safe, and he said they would've come and opened it for me. He did take those charges off, though--so watch for that sneaky charge.

I might stay here again because there just aren't that many choices when going to Purina Farms (maybe they know that), but only if I'm trying to save money and willing to put up with it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Super 8 Washington
Super 8 Washington
#2 of 3 in Washington
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis

Been to Super 8 St. Clair MO? Share your experiences!