“Very good stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Clair
Kansas City, Missouri
“Very good stay”
Reviewed 22 March 2011

We stayed one night with our special needs daughter. We got just what we asked for; a pet-friendly, non-smoking room. I worried if it would smell, but it did not at all. The room and bathroom were very clean. They have rules for your dog, most are common sense and are on the website. Breakfast had a good variety. The beds were comfortable. The desk staff was very nice. The morning desk staff visited with our daughter. We were picking up a rescue puppy we adopted and I was excited. She even went out to meet our puppy. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank connemara25

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Norfolk
Reviewed 21 February 2011

The room was outstanding, clean and maintained by a professional housekeeping staff. Our room had a very nice view and the morning breakfast was great.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KC1450
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2011

A nice motel, quiet and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. We will stay here again, during our next visit to the area.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Midlandr
Pacific, MO
Reviewed 18 December 2010

I am a courier and was stranded in St. Clair, MO due to an ice storm that moved through the area in less than 10 minutes. I-44 was closed in both directions, as was highways 47 & 30. My drive from Sullivan eastbound to St. Clair, MO was horrific and traumatic. Cars all around me were spinning off the interstate like marbles. By the time I reached the second St. Clair exit I was definitely traumatized. I was a mess. Amazingly so, I got the last available room at the Budget Lodging, and the moment I walked into the lobby I felt welcomed by the warmth from the inviting fireplace and from the owner Jason and the front desk clerk, Pam. They were a blessing to me and many others. To anyone who did not have a room, they offered blankets/pillows, as long as they lasted, to sleep either on the floor of the lobby or in the few chairs available. They also set up and offered, all available, roll away beds upstairs in the meeting room, at no charge [I believe]. Before, I arrived someone had went to my room and turned the heat and the lights on. This small gesture, allowing me to walk into a warm room after being in the cold for several hours certainly did not go unnoticed. It was one of many things they did to try and make us feel better, after whatever experience we may have had out there on the very scary interstate. The room was one of, if not the cleanest hotel room I have ever been in. There were plenty of towels and other amenities available. Thank you, thank you to Jason and Pam. I can't thank you all enough for what you did for me the night of Wednesday, December 15, 2010!! Happy Holidays to all at the Budget Lodging in St. Clair, MO!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Krazy4Her
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 December 2010

Outstanding customer service prior, during, and post stay. The family that manages the place goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Large, comfortable rooms. Heat & A/C in working order. Free soap and shampoo, free Wi-Fi, cable, and free breakfast. Pet friendly too! Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Live Oak, FLorida, USA
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Family owned & operated by very nice people. Very welcoming to us and our dogs. Rooms were of very good size and user friendly. We stayed there while competing at Purina Farms about 12 minutes away. Felt very safe and comfortable. Full breakfast was a huge bonus.

• Stayed November 2010
Live Oak, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Rooms were clean and beds were very comfy. Desk clerk was very friendly, as well as, the rest of the staff. Continental breakfast was nice and coffee was hot. Would recommend Budget Lodging to anyone looking to lay over for a night or for an extended stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Comfort Inn Sullivan
#2 of 6 in Sullivan
Best Western Plus Washington Hotel
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis

Been to Budget Lodging? Share your experiences!