“Great Place to Stay!”
Review of Budget Lodging

Budget Lodging
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Clair
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Great, quiet clean rooms..right on the Interstate. We have stayed here many times..and are always pleased. The breakfast is good. There's free popcorn, coffee, Tea in the lobby,. You can park right in front of your room, which is a plus for us. No restaurants walking distance..but the staff can direct to some local places. Gas station close by. Room rates are reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Lots of things stand out in my mind as I consider Budget Lodging. Perhaps what stands out the most, though, is how much I felt like my patronage was appreciated, not only by the owner, who took the time to personally correspond with me via e-mail and also shake my hand as I was checking out, but also by every member of the staff. (I don't know if he's just a smart businessman or genuinely an appreciative guy; he's seemingly both.) Earning my money takes the majority of my time and energy on any given day, so when I decide to hand it over to a business, I expect them to appreciate what it cost me, above and beyond the mere dollar amount (just as I appreciate what they're providing me). I was happy to give my money to Budget Lodging! The price was fair, my family was treated with the utmost kindness and respect, and everything one generally expects from a hotel/motel was in place to a tee. (The pool area offers a great view of St. Clair's sunsets, too!) Overall, I was unusually impressed!

Room Tip: My wife and I have 5 kids so we stayed in the Family Suite. It met our needs perfectly.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We rented 4 rooms for our family. The rooms were spotless, the beds comfortable, and the staff friendly.

We had seven children in our group. They're favorite part of the hotel was the coco (with marshmallows) and popcorn. My favorite part was the price!

We will definitely stay again.

1  Thank Mniemiera
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Independently and family owned motel in St. Clair, Missouri, where there are not many lodging choices. I picked this place based on Trip Advisor reviews. We stayed there one night on our way home to Illinois. First of all, the staff here is very pleasant, and the lobby area attractive. They told us they had a terrible storm earlier in the evening, and all the phones were out. The owner told us he was trying to get the WIFI working. It didn't work for the rest of the evening, but I'm not faulting them for that. Therefore two things that really bothered me. The air conditioning in our room was extremely loud, and made kind of a wah-wah-wah noise off and on, ALL NIGHT LONG. I did not sleep that well because of it. Also, I really don't like the old fashioned bedspreads, that we know never get washed. We had two queen sized beds, and the blankets on both beds had holes in them. Not very attractive. The room was clean and spacious, microwave and fridge included. Breakfast was adequate. I would probably not stay here again because of the noise from the air conditioning. Also, I don't understand why remote functions dont work for the TVs anymore. This is the fourth hotel we've stayed in on this trip, where the sleep function on the remote didn't work, neither did the closed captioning.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

This is an excellent pet friendly hotel. Not only is this hotel exceptionally clean inside and out, but it is extremely accommodating to our four-legged friends. It is a true treasure on I-44. It has all the amenities I look for - easy on and off interstate access, pool, fenced in dog exercise/relief area, complimentary breakfast, accompdating staff, in room mini fridge/freezer and microwave. In addition, it is in walking distance to a Subway. If in this area again, I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an excellent value.

1  Thank Txorbust
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here for a night en-route Arkansas this May. The room was neat and clean. Nice and comfortable beds. Requested for refrigerator and microwave and it was available in the room. Good service. Hotel lobby is tastefully decorated and provides a good ambiance. Nice touches to it like the chessboard, piano etc. The view from top floor is nice. Also, you can easily spot it from the highway. You can go around to the second level and park so no need to climb stairs to get your luggage in. Would recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Venky B
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I was initially hesitant about staying at Budget Lodging even though the reviews had been positive, but I am very glad I took the chance. Upon arriving at the motel we were warmly greeted by Tom, along with a welcoming interior lobby. Tom provided us with an overview of the hotel’s amenities along with recommendations for dinner in the local area.
While the motel was older, the high level of cleanliness and upkeep directly contributed to the positive experience of our stay. The room was decorated to that of a B&B instead of a sterile chain hotel room. The complementary breakfast the next morning provided many choices from biscuits and gravy to cereal and fruit.
Overall I highly recommend Budget Lodging for the quality and overall value.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Super 8 Washington
Super 8 Washington
#2 of 3 in Washington
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis

Been to Budget Lodging? Share your experiences!