“Great find”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Clair
Willowbrook, Illinois
“Great find”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here at halfway point from Chicago area to NW Arkansas. Super friendly check-in, nice, clean room with all you need, flat screen tv, coffee maker, mini fridge, microwave. Bed was comfy, typical motel style breakfast with waffles, biscuits and gravy, bagels etc.. Literally right off the interstate. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife Lindsie and I are currently on a walk across America, and a church we connected with in St. Clair (Missionary Baptist) offered to put us up in a hotel for the evening when we got to town. We were blown away by how comfortable, clean, and accommodating Budget Lodging was when we arrived. Besides the usual amenities that most hotels provide, Budget Lodging did even more to make our stay pleasant. From the complimentary popcorn in the afternoon to the always-available coffee and hot chocolate, we enjoyed our evening beyond the average hotel stay. On top of that, they only charged a $10 pet fee, which was a blessing. Sometimes it's hard to find a hotel to stay at when you have a dog, especially in a town that only has one or two hotels. And my wife and I really enjoyed cooling off in the swimming pool after our day of walking had ended.

All in all, we really appreciated our night at Budget Lodging and can recommend it with confidence to anyone considering a stop in St. Clair.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Pottsboro, Texas
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My dog and I stayed at this family owned hotel on our way back to Texas. Staff was friendly and helpful. Fresh popped pop corn was offered to me upon check-in. The property is situated on a hill, so the view is nice, and recently the hotel installed a fenced dog-run, which my dog loved. The rooms are tastefully decorated and very clean. I liked it so much that I plan to go again; next time for a weekend. I guess the only con was the limited breakfast, but all I cared about was the coffee, which was great. I also liked it that I got a personal email from the owner, thanking me for staying with them.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, they are very excited to meet him/her. Be aware that they have pet designated roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Tega Cay, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stay at this hotel every time I visit St Clair, Mo. It is family owned, designed and built by the grandmother, handed down to her son and now operated by his son. While the hotel is old it has always been in the same family and is well maintained and very clean. All of the personnel are helpful and friendly. The rooms have flat screen tv's, refrigerators, free WIFI, and microwaves and are kept immaculate. There is a free buffet breakfast and in the lobby there are snacks and a popcorn machine with free popcorn available. It is located on I44 and Hwy 47 in St Clair which makes it a very convenient location for visiting St Clair and the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room for a good view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Addison, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Great, quiet clean rooms..right on the Interstate. We have stayed here many times..and are always pleased. The breakfast is good. There's free popcorn, coffee, Tea in the lobby,. You can park right in front of your room, which is a plus for us. No restaurants walking distance..but the staff can direct to some local places. Gas station close by. Room rates are reasonable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Florissant, Missouri
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Lots of things stand out in my mind as I consider Budget Lodging. Perhaps what stands out the most, though, is how much I felt like my patronage was appreciated, not only by the owner, who took the time to personally correspond with me via e-mail and also shake my hand as I was checking out, but also by every member of the staff. (I don't know if he's just a smart businessman or genuinely an appreciative guy; he's seemingly both.) Earning my money takes the majority of my time and energy on any given day, so when I decide to hand it over to a business, I expect them to appreciate what it cost me, above and beyond the mere dollar amount (just as I appreciate what they're providing me). I was happy to give my money to Budget Lodging! The price was fair, my family was treated with the utmost kindness and respect, and everything one generally expects from a hotel/motel was in place to a tee. (The pool area offers a great view of St. Clair's sunsets, too!) Overall, I was unusually impressed!

Room Tip: My wife and I have 5 kids so we stayed in the Family Suite. It met our needs perfectly.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We rented 4 rooms for our family. The rooms were spotless, the beds comfortable, and the staff friendly.

We had seven children in our group. They're favorite part of the hotel was the coco (with marshmallows) and popcorn. My favorite part was the price!

We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Comfort Inn Sullivan
#2 of 6 in Sullivan
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
Best Western Plus Washington Hotel

Been to Budget Lodging? Share your experiences!