“Finally, a US Business not afraid to be outwardly Christian”
Review of Budget Lodging

Budget Lodging
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Clair
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I travel a great deal and when I hear of a place called "Budget" as part of a motel/hotel name, that usually means bad news. Not so here. I've stayed here often over several years. It's one of just a few motels/hotels that this weary old traveling minister looks forward to visiting. This place has been here for a while; it has a 60s or 70s mom and pop feel about it; however, it's been completely renovated. Rooms are all clean and spacious. Here's something I really like about this place that you don't see in many US businesses these days. That is, the owners and very friendly staff wear their Christian orientation right out in the open ... not in your face and you won't be "Bible-thumped" or be given a sermon. However, when you walk in the lobby, you'll hear Christian instrumental music playing ever so softly and pleasantly. There's always a Bible open with scripture relevant to the traveler highlighted in each room. There is a prayer for the weary traveler on the wall in each room. All these fine points aside; this is just a great place to say, and it really is easy on one's budget :). They could easily charge $10 or even $15 more per night and it would still be a bargain. Travel safe and stay here whenever you can. Rev Bill, moreableinc.org

Room Tip: Never had a bad room -- they're all great and very comfy!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Rev Bill C

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This place is a step back in time in all accounts. Customer service, Cleanliness, most comfortable rooms. On top of all this you actually get a key to your room. You really need to visit to understand the last statement.
Thank you for being there. Your competition needs to take lessons from you in all accounts.
I will be back!

OUTSTANDING!!!

Room Tip: Just ask and they will do their best to accomodate
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheryl K
Reviewed 17 April 2014

When I see the term "budget" I immediately think, dirty, smelly, and uncomfortable. Budget Lodging defied those terms! It came highly recommended by past customers, so I gave it a try. Much to my delightful surprise, it exceeded all of my expectations. Both, clean and comfortable, the quaint setting was the perfect place for my trip. Friendly courteous service and safe and quiet. The only thing I will change next time is I will stay on the east side away from the highway. I highly recommend Budget Lodging for anyone traveling through the St Louis, Mo area.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank OUNASCARFAN
Reviewed 2 April 2014

What a place! Clean, comfortable beds, great layout, feel safe, extremely friendly and amiable staff, didn't mind a bit when I asked for a specific room, no smelly carpets, felt like home! Coffee, tea and hot chocolate all night, and a pc to use in the lobby if required! Would have stayed longer if I could have. And Giddys restaurant next door delivers right to your door anything you want!
I was very impressed!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tia K
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed at the Budget Lodging because of the reviews we read but still did not have very high expectations. Were we ever surprised! This was one of the most comfortable hotels I have ever stayed in. To put this in perspective, I have flown over 1.5 million miles on Delta so I have stayed in a lot of hotels. I don' think I ever felt so welcomed and had such a comfortable room in all of my travels. Everything about this hotel is "homey" including the cleanliness. I happened to talk to the owner of the hotel and told him what I'm telling you. Apparently, this hotel has been in his family for many years and I could tell he takes pride in what the hotel offers. Now I have to find an excuse to go back to that area so I can stay there again. The good thing is they are located between Meramec Caverns and Six Flags right of I 44!

Room Tip: Room 257....King size bed, sofa and desk....loved it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don-Lisa
Reviewed 1 February 2014

After an awful car wreck we came to this lodge, with no money to our names and no car the owner of the lodge let us stay the night and pay the next day. We are so thankful to him. The stay was wonderful. The rooms where spotless and the beds where soft and clean. The price of this place was amazing and we are once again thankful for the gentlemen that helped us.

Room Tip: all rooms i am sure are wonderful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Starla D
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Christmas Eve while visiting Family. Excellent Lodging! The Price, a definately plus. Clean Comfortable Room and Bed and a truly Friendly atmosphere. The included Breakfast was very good. I thought I left my Bracelet in the room but fortunately found it. They Graciously made a long distance call to report they had not found it. We will Definately stay here again and wish there were more Like it inour travels!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Super 8 Washington
Super 8 Washington
#2 of 3 in Washington
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis

Been to Budget Lodging? Share your experiences!