We stayed here while visiting my husband's parents, who live in St. Clair. Initially, I was turned off by the name of the hotel: any place named "budget" anything gives me pause. But this place is very nice. Even the lobby was beautiful and inviting.
We stayed in one of the pricier suites (we used this as a substitute honeymoon since we never went on one after we were married). The only complaint I have is a minor one. We stayed here over Thanksgiving, and when we arrived at the hotel after driving from Ohio, we were absolutely famished. Unfortunately, there were no restaurants open within any decent distance (even the McDonald's was closed!) because it was Thanksgiving day. So we snacked on what little trip food we had left and just dealt with it until the next morning. The breakfast left something to be desired, so we ate what looked appealing and went on our way.
The room was so comfortable--I'd say even more so than our bed at home! It had a living area and kitchen and was tastefully decorated. I wanted to invite people over for dinner or something! We definitely could have entertained. If we have the money, we'd definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled atop the scenic foothills of the Ozarks, Budget Lodging offers a refreshing dose of traditional Midwest hospitality with a family friendly atmosphere. All modern amenities are standard, with deluxe room types available including family suites, luxury jacuzzi suite, and a rustic cottage suite. We invite you to stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Budget Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Budget Lodging Hotel Saint Clair
- Budget Lodging Saint Clair