“Do NOT let the name fool you”
Review of Budget Lodging

Budget Lodging
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Clair
Dunnellon, Florida
“Do NOT let the name fool you”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Independent hotels with the name "budget" in the title may tend to put one on the defensive. Let your defenses down when you walk in the lobby. This is a VERY nice property with wonderful rooms and a complimentary breakfast that puts most of the larger chains to shame. The only drawback for me, as an allergy sufferer, is they are pet friendly. The first room they gave me reeked of dog and I was immediately reassigned. The room I stayed in was fine but by morning I could feel the effects of pet dander. They do try and keep the pet travelers in specific rooms but as all allergy sufferers know that stuff gets everywhere. Even so, the price was much more reasonable than any of the neighboring chain hotels and you receive much more for your money.

Room Tip: Say up front if you have issues with allergies.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We discovered this "great place" a few years ago when there was a St. Louis Cardinals game in St. Louis and we could not stay at our usual place of lodging. This was truly an example of one door closing and another one opening.

Now even though it is a bit longer drive from our home in Wisconsin Rapids, we make it a point to stay here whenever we are passing through on business or pleasure. The longer drive is well worth it.

The rooms are neat, clean and cozy. The staff is "top shelf" and the breakfast is good and all anyone could as for after waking up from a good nights sleep.

This review is for our stay in early May, 2014 as we traveled to our grandson's graduation.

Room Tip: We have stayed here a number of times and have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Flint, MI
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recently stayed here and it was an amazing experience! The room was great, breakfast was impeccable, and Christy at the front desk was extremely friendly and inviting. Overall great experience. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Tega Cay, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Located southwest of St Louis, Mo. just off Rt.44 in St. Clair, Mo. is the family owned Budget Lodging hotel. This hotel has recently been renovated, boasts an outdoor pool, and the friendliest, most responsive staff you'll find anywhere. You can always depend on the rooms being fresh and ultra clean and complete with a microwave and refrigerator. Additionally, there is always fresh coffee and a popcorn machine in the lobby that pops fresh popcorn gratis for guests. There is also a free buffet with assorted foods for breakfast. The nightly rates are also a real treat to your wallet. You won't find a better value anywhere. I stay there every time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter but the front rooms boast a very nice panoramic view of the rural coun...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Budget Lodging is right off I-44. We have stayed here 4-5 times and each time the rooms are always clean. Rooms come with a fridge and a micro wave which is a plus. Popcorn when you check in is always ready along with coffee and both are free. A pool for the swimmers and breakfast is also ready by about 6-6:30am.

Room Tip: Rooms to the west can be a little warm during late afternoon if you leave drapes open.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I couldn't be more pleased. I am so used to being turned away or treated poorly because I travel with my dogs. Hearing things like: no you can't stay, you have too many dogs, we have to charge extra for dogs, our pet rooms are on the 3rd floor etc.
The staff was extremely polite, understood that show dogs are typically well behaved and very clean, they had a lot of grass to walk the dogs and a fenced off leash play area. Even though we were on the second floor, there were no stairs and the walk to the room was short. The one and only problem I had was not getting room service on a day I put the door hanger out requesting it but, the day before I had the privacy please instead so I guess they erred on the side of respect.

I wish there were more hotels like this, everywhere!I would choose them every time!

• Stayed May 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We will be coming back. Crazy clean rooms! The lobby is sharp and so is the staff. More than helpful. Why wouldn't you stay here. Even the clientele are awesome. Really nice down home people. This is the way America should be! Clean, courteous and caring!

Stayed June 2014
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
Super 8 Washington
Super 8 Washington
#2 of 3 in Washington

Been to Budget Lodging? Share your experiences!