“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 212 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Price range: US$12 - US$39
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: 24 hour advanced reservations are mandatory, along with advanced entree selections, as we only prepare what each day's reservations require.....Beautifully restored 1891 home. Classically trained Chef. Superior dining, service and ambiance. BYOB
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

The food is to die for and you can't go wrong with your entree choice. Very friendly service and the atmosphere is wonderful!! I highly recommend!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mariahsmommy

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wish We Lived Closer to JC Wyatt House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful lunch. And, a special treat with dessert included. The surroundings are exquisite. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant

• Visited August 2013
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“JC Wyatt House gives a memorable culinary experience to our group!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Oh so good!

Planned a going away lunch for a good friend and coworker. We had a group of 9 who I had some difficulty wrangling a pre order out of, but once the order was submitted via e-mail to Jim, I received a confirmation later that evening and we were set for lunch two days out.

Everyone was awed at the interior of the home. A real labor of love to have such a complete Victorian atmosphere and keep it so neat and clean. Dust and neglect is a big turnoff in any restaurant experience, but I challenge you to find any here!

Our lunches consisted of various salads; Roasted Salmon, Shrimp Salad on Croissant, Chicken Salad with Spinach and Feta Quiché, and the Mandarin Chicken Entree salad were big winners. I had the Beef and Blue cheese entree salad. Amazing! Dried cherries, glazed walnuts, mixed greens and perfectly cooked beef slices complemented with blue cheese, Magnifiqué!

Everyone gushed about their lunches and were soon attracted to the marvelous aroma of their house coffee. Hands down, the best, balanced coffee I have ever had in a restaurant.

But the pièce de résistance was the dessert trio! The dark chocolate pudding, the light lemon cupcake, and cheesecake mousse... too much. The most decadent lunch we as a group have ever experienced, and all for around $15.00 each.

The biggest challenge is getting your group to decide in advance for an outing like this, but once you have "trained" them, there is no delay on getting people on board for next time.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank bbcarmi
Odessa, MO
“Mouthwatering lunch experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We both had the lunch salmon, which was excellent. The dessert trio of creme brule, almond brownie, and red velvet cupcake were delightful.

• Visited June 2013
St. Joseph
“Go Where the Locals Dine & Be Transported...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

If you want to eat an unforgettable meal in exquisite surroundings, (not to mention the fantastic individual attention), eat at J.C. Wyatt House! You are immediately transported into a genteel atmosphere where the meal is not meant to be hurried and the guests are meant to be savored. I live in St. Joseph, and I go every chance I get, for celebrations or just to reunite with old friends and new family! The chicken salad at lunch is such a favorite with me. I always like to find out where the locals go to eat when I visit a new city, and this is rated #1 in St. Joseph. Call ahead to make reservations.

• Visited June 2013