“Amazing Evening Out”

Ranked #1 of 215 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Price range: US$12 - US$39
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 24 hour advanced reservations are mandatory, along with advanced entree selections, as we only prepare what each day's reservations require.....Beautifully restored 1891 home. Classically trained Chef. Superior dining, service and ambiance. BYOB
Saskatoon, Canada
“Amazing Evening Out”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I highly recommend JC Wyatt House for dinner any night. They have exceptional service, exceptional food and the evening was amazing. It is not very often I think about the food days later and wish I was eating it again, with JC I could eat there every night!

• Visited July 2014

Saint Joseph, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Steak and steak sauce I have had.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went to the JC Wyatt House recently and I usually have the Salmon but decided I wanted a steak and I am glad I did. The filet was so tender you could almost cut it with a fork, I then noticed a steak sauce and thought I would try the steak without the sauce and then with the sauce. The plum steak sauce was incredible. This dinner is served with mashed potatoes and I even put the steak sauce on the potatoes. Everyone at the table thought it was really good. I would certainly recommend both the steak and the steak sauce. Another incredible dish is the white pizza, very rich but very very good. Frank & Diane S

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank dstanley1
Edina, Minnesota, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you want to feel like a movie star - have dinner at JC Wyatt”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The food is amazing but that said, this is an experiential meal. The evening we had was like I've only read about or seen in movies. It was worth five times more than it cost. Thank you, Jim, for the great food, lovely atmosphere and (hands down), the best service ever!

• Visited April 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Like Being Guests is a Private Home”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We entered into this evenings excursion with - frankly - no idea at all of what lay ahead. We took a look at the house - and the neighborhood - and were still unsure, but willing to give it a shot. We are truly fortunate that we did.

The title of my review pretty much sums up our experience. We were warmly greeted by a person who let us know how really happy he was that we chose to dime with them tonight and the warmth and hospitality continued undimmed throughout.

The food - all three courses - was magnificent. The service was present without being obtrusive. The overall experience was delightful ... and one that we're looking forward to repeating.

• Visited April 2014
Plattsburg, Missouri
“Happy Birthday”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was one of the birthday celebrants at the J.C. Wyatt House last Thursday. It was a totally delightful experience. The beautiful old mansion, thanks to many hours of hard work on the part of the owners, is a magnificent backdrop for the superb food and exemplary service we experienced there. Such a wonderful compliment to the historic district of St. Joseph. I can't wait to return!

• Visited January 2014