“Burnt Tips KC Style”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
West Wendover, Nevada
“Burnt Tips KC Style”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I love getting BBQ in the KC area. Always good stuff, even at a chain restaurant. Service seems to be stretched thin everywhere you go now, so they did pretty good for the staff they had. Friendly staff.

Visited June 2014

Savannah, Missouri
“Forget the Goo, & go for the Good. Worth the Drive.”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hard to find good BBQ in NW Missouri, and since Famous Dave's moved to the area. There is nothing better. Their trash can sampler is the only way to go. If you aren't sure what you want, give this a try. Beef, Pork, Chicken,and betting you won't be disappointed. Our local BBQplacehas disappointed me so many times in the last two month, it is worth the extra gas, and time to get good BBQ, rather than sub standard local meats. Do yourself a favor and drive past the local joint and go for good flavor, good atmoshere, and friendly service. Don't waste your time on the Goo place, and settle for a great evening, with amazing food, and incredible atmosphere. You won't be disappointed by the local BBQ joint again.

Visited June 2014
Falls City, Nebraska
“BBQ”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Love Famous Dave's and the one in St. Joe won't let you done! We had a great meal there and although similar in design as all the rest of the Famous Dave's the customer service was excellent! Our waitress was very attentive and quick with refills and to our needs. Food was served hot and quickly. Don't miss this one if you want BBQ.

Visited May 2014
Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ in town”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had been looking for a great BBQ place and found it at Famous Dave's. They even give you 10% off your total bill if you show them your movie tickets. Even the left overs the next day were awesome.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cindy J
Northwest, MO
“Go Elsewhere Especially on Friday Nights”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We went to Famous Dave's in St. Joseph for my husband's birthday. Upon entering and giving the hostess our name the first thing we noticed was that there were many people waiting to be seated and lots of empty tables available in the restaurant and bar areas both. My husband asked if the bar was open seating and we were told that it was not. We were told it would be about 15 to 20 minutes (which for a Friday night at dinner time is not bad at all IF there weren't open tables in the restaurant).

I went to use the ladies restroom and when I walked in there was a male Famous Dave's employee cleaning the vanity (no sign on the restroom door that it was being cleaned and no female employee standing there to warn female customers there was a male in there cleaning). The first thing I said was "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, I thought this was the ladies restroom" - thinking I had gone into the men's restroom. After being thoroughly emabarrased I went outside and waited a few minutes for him to finish cleaning the restroom (on a Friday night at dinner time??).

After waiting about 15 minutes, a woman yelled to the hostess that she could start seating people again. We heard some of the servers talking about how there had been employees sent home because they thought they were going to be slow that night and then they got backed up. What was really uncomfortable was as soon as the lady told the hostess to begin seating people again, we were the first couple to be seated and many of the other people had been waiting when we walked in. Needless to say, we were given some unpleasant looks from other customers, but were glad to get our table.

Our server was very nice and professional. He was the best part of our experience and he apologized for our wait to be seated. Then he told us that they were out of fish (which is what I was planning to order and they had not cooked enough chicken that night so there were limited chicken dishes available). It was hard for us to understand why a restaurant like Famous Dave's would run out of food (fish) and not cook enough CHICKEN on a Friday night (let alone send employees home during the dinner rush and CLEAN THE BATHROOMS during dinner on a Friday night!). The food was decent and the server was exceptional, but the place was not ran very well at all.

I found the main Famous Dave's phone number on their website and called and explained this whole situation to someone at their corporate office. She asked for my name and phone number and said the owner of this Famous Dave's would want to speak with me, but I never heard from them.

Visited January 2013