“Great food, great hostess, great house!”
Review of Gothic Tea House - CLOSED

Gothic Tea House
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Great food, great hostess, great house!”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Miss Pat has done a remarkable job restoring this Gothic beauty, and an even more remarkable job turning it into the go-to place in St. Jo for a pleasant and satisfying luncheon. When the weather is favorable, don't miss sitting outside in the garden to enjoy your delicious repast - her garden is simply the best!

• Visited April 2013

“A special place.”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is the place to go with the girls to spend a couple of hours relaxing, sipping tea, and nibbling on dainty food. Don't go if you're in a rush. Eat dessert. (I do wish they had more comfortable chairs).

Visited October 2012
1 Thank BrendaKayB
Mke
“Tea for Two”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

A friend and I ventured to St. Joseph for a spot of tea and lunch. What a wonderful historical restaurant with a fantastic tea menu and delicious food! Our hostess was courteous and a wonderful chef! I highly recommend going here if you love a meal made from scratch and a pleasant atmosphere. We plan to go back in spring to enjoy tea outdoors!

• Visited December 2012
“Worth your time!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

What a great place to eat, the homemade food was amazing, the lemon curd you recieve with you scone was memerable! The home/resturant has so much character, it is interesting to see the place. I always look forward to going there.

Visited October 2012
Wayne, NJ
“A Charm Of A Tea House”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I was passing through Saint Joseph and learned of the Gothic Tea House from Trip Advisor. I love going to Tea Houses and this one has to be amongst my favorites of those I have visited. I arrived late in the day, which was good because I was traveling solo and didn't feel out of place. The food and atmosphere was fantastic. What I always look for at a Tea House is if the staff know the teas - the server did, and she made a great recommendation for me. I would have liked dessert, because they looked sensational, just didn't have the time to stay any longer. If I'm ever back in the area (I'm from NJ) I'd definitely go back.

• Visited November 2012