“Awkward service, Amazing food.”

Pappy's Grill And Pub
Ranked #13 of 216 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American
Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awkward service, Amazing food.”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My boyfriend and I had been waiting to try Pappy's Grill and Pub since we moved to Saint Jo, there burgers look amazing on the commercial and they proved to be so. We weren't greeted at all, just stared at when we walked in, so we took a seat at the bar. However we had very awkward service by a male bartender who called us "kiddo's" when we sat down even though we are both in our mid-twenties. He seemed to question our I.D's asking "where is Lone Jack" more than once as if we made up a town name. He gave us good service over all and the food was perfect, the wings and burger were amazing. We looked around at the decorations and liked the vibe a lot however there was some disgustingly caked on dusty old 70's fans above all the tables spinning dust over everyones food. Next time, I think we will just get take out the dining experience was defiantly disappointing.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank server82

Filley, Ne
“Wonderful and unique hamburgers.”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Man, Make sure you are hungry. The hamburgers were delicious and huge. My oldest son had the bacon cheeseburger and loved it-he even ate the whole thing though I swear it was as big as his head. I had a black and blue burger and my mother one with peanut butter-all very good. Fries were pretty good but cole slaw was just so-so. Now the building inside and out isn't much to look at but it is very comfortable and I bet in the evening has a great atmosphere. Definately glad we found this place. It is located not too far from the Jesse James museum and Patee House.

Visited August 2012
Pendleton, Oregon
“Great place to eat.”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I was visiting St Joseph. MO this past week and ate lunch at Pappy's Grill and Pub. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was awesome. I had the enchiladas with chili on top and it was so good. The servings are huge and very tasty.

• Visited August 2012
Saint Joseph, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The food offered at Pappy's is delicious. Now that it is smoke-free, I will be able to enjoy the food more and more often.

Visited August 2012
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Poor customer service - mgmt”
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I had gone here several times and thought the staff was friendly and attentive. We enjoyed our food and always went back at least twice a week, usually 4 or 5 from work at different times stopped by here for lunch. On a recent lunch visit, I found the owner to be rude. We had just sat down, he gave us ash trays. When ask why the ash trays, he said we always made a mess. What mess was he talking about, we wondered? We had been asked on occasions to move to another table after being seated, so other people could have our table. Pappy"s sin't the only place that serves up a meal, and not smokey smell. We wont be back.

• Visited November 2011