“Holiday Lights in the park”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Krug Park

Krug Park
Type: Other
Rochelle, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Holiday Lights in the park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We visit friends in St. Joseph at Thanksgiving every year and as a tradition we take a drive through Krug Park to see the Christmas lights. It is always a wonder. This year the park went with more LED lights and the displays were beautiful. At the end of the park as you are leaving people hand out Cherry Mash's. The display is free, but if you wish to leave a donation at the end, it is always welcome.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank liftergal

Kansas City, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Just beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I love love love the old castle atmosphere of this park! Yes, it's a little run down, but that's what makes it appealing to me. I got married in the gazebo by the pond last year, and all of my family and friends said it was the most beautiful wedding with the swans on the pond in the background and the beautiful trees. I haven't been here for the Christmas lights, but plan on bringing my kids this season and donating some money. I have also walked the 6 mile biking trail and that was a great experience also. My kids love coming here and playing on the real metal playground equipment! I will be coming here every year on my anniversary, it's just beautiful and it's too bad it never became the vision that it was supposed to be, but I love it just the way it is!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tricia M
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Nice old park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I visited this park last week. It was beautiful in terms of scenery (trees, a small rose garden with gazebo). It had a large pond with geese and ducks. It had two play-areas for kids that were pretty large. It certainly could use some work in some areas, but it was still beautiful in a quaint sort of way. This would be a great place to have a picnic, lots of trees and grassy areas. Overall, I really liked it and plan to visit again.

Visited September 2013
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A lot of beauty at no cost”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Have fun feeding the fish & ducks bread crumbs, playing in the leaves, taking fall family pictures, driving through the tunnels & honking your horn, looking at the lights at Christmas, having a picnic, sitting in a swing w/ someone you love, looking at the old castle. Lots of places for great pics!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank TaushaTaylor
Des Moines, Iowa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Love it at Christmas, decorate it very well and go every year! My family has all of our family reunions here. My favorite park in St. Joe. It has a castle and a lagoon, and tunnels.

Visited December 2012