“Family Vacation July 2014”
Review of Lovers Lane

Lovers Lane
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We we weren't sure what this was but we took a chance :) Lovers Lane is a very scenic short drive. There is a little area with a monument with a quote from Eugene Fields about Lovers Lane, a lot of flowers around the monument.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Read the poem and then make the drive down this beautiful lane. It is covered with grand trees that shadow the drive to make it a very peaceful drive on any given afternoon.

1  Thank Zola M
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I read these reviews with interest, as I am considering moving to the area. After living throughout the US. (I currently live in the Bay Area) and having visited many of the US scenic sites and local neighborhoods, I have to say that this truly is a lovely area. I just visited in the fall and it is beautiful and relaxing. I can see that St. Joe has made an effort to highlight the street with signage, etc. It is really special. Sometimes locals just don't appreciate what they have, but I certainly do. St. Joseph folks should be proud to have this special neighborhood to brag about. It still has the old fashioned charm. New houses and neighborhoods, no matter how well planned, just can't replace that sort of charm or make up for the lack of older growth trees, Lisa

3  Thank lisa j
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

The residents in this area like to try to make a bigger deal about the name of their street than is necessary to boost their self esteem & property values but its way overrated. I'm sure it was neat back in the day but that was long ago. It's just another street these days that a poem talked about long ago.

1  Thank TaushaTaylor
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is a lovely, winding, street in the northern part of town. While it is no longer the country lane described in the poem by Eugene Fields, it is a lovely drive through a nice neighborhood.

Fortunately, we chose a time of day (mid-morning on Wednesday) when traffic was light and we could slow down and look at some very nice houses "as we snailed along,"

3  Thank Derrill L