“Good choice and good atmosphere”
Review of McAlister's Deli

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #20 of 220 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Mcalister's has become one our favorite eats for lunch. We would visit the one in St. Charles when we visited our son in St Louis. Glad to have gotten this location last year. Good menu choices and great airy aatmosphere. My wife and I usually split a salad or I get a half salad and she gets a half sandwich. Go for the Savannah Choped salad... It is wonderful! Avoid 12 noon... Lots of people...But begins to clear by 12:45 or so

Reviewed 13 January 2012

I used to eat at a McAlister's in Springfield when I lived there, and have been wanting to get into this one since it opened. I took my 4 year old there the other night and the staff was great. Very nice, helped us get around, high chairs for the baby and checked on our drinks through the meal. The food I noticed had a few inconsistencies with temperature, but overall was good. They have the best sweet tea around.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

My daughter took me because she knows I love sweet tea. I got the half sandwich and broccoli soup. She likes the big nasty. The soup is wonderful and the sandwich was good also. The sweet tea is amazing. You get a to go cup and you can get a refill before you go if you want. The service people are nice and the atmosphere very nice and clean. All in all a place I want to go to often.

1  Thank gigglebox51
Reviewed 12 October 2011

When you're as far north as St. Joseph, MO, it is sometimes difficult to find good sweet tea. Look no further than McAlister's Deli, where their McAlister's Famous Sweet Tea™ is "some of the best I've ever tasted," according to my spouse, who hails from Texas. I ordered the triple decker sandwich called the McAlister's Club with ham, bacon, turkey and a variety of cheeses: when I'm trying a place for the first time, I always try to order something that has the restaurant's name in the title, figuring that if they name it after themselves, they must be proud of it! They could be proud of the creation I was served. We plan to become regulars whenever we're in St. Joe to visit our friends.