“One of the worst stays ever!!”
Review of Motel 6 St. Joseph

Motel 6 St. Joseph
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Never really liked staying at the Motel 6 much but by it being emergency really didn't have any choice. The bed was so uncomfortable I have slept on couches with more comfort. The young lady that checked me in was not friendly at all. But you get what you pay for!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Jonte R

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was one 9f the worst places I have ever stayed. Asked for noñ smoking room.and it was indicated to be one but the smell of cigarette was terrible. I had read this in another review but had thought it had been corrected. I have a lung disease and I could not wait to get out of there. I wanted to change my credit card and they said I could not and they said they could not give me a receipt because I had booked it thru expedia. Wont make that mistake again either.
I made the mistake of disregarding a previous review. Wish I had taken that advice. They entente had an asgtray in their non smoking room. All the help smoked so they would not know the difference. Very polite and helpful maids. The front desk called and asked how the room was and I told them ok. The room was otherwise ok. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: DON'T STAY HERE. That is my best tip
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wvcoalgirl
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room is you get what you pay for essentially. The room was clean enough but the linoleum floor seemed a tad sticky. The only complaints I have is the strong smell the room had, it was strong and perhaps due to a chemical. I don't mind a "just cleaned smell" but that wasn't it. Overall it was a decent stay and comfortable bed for a cheap room you can't go too wrong with this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very nice place. This is one of the newly remodeled Motel 6's. Flat screen tv, raised bowl sink, curved shore curtain rod, better beds and pillows. Beds and bathroom were clean. Towels and linens were also clean. I will have to agree with the other person that wrote a review on this property about the dirty floors. My feet got dirty just from the shower to the bed. I love the idea of the fake hardwood floors but they need to have a better way of getting the floors clean. The front desk girl was very nice and helpful with area suggestions on dining. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is the first time I have ever been so upset and disgusted by a hotel/ motel that I felt compelled to post a review. I booked a non-smoking room. The door of the room displayed a non-smoking sticker. Upon opening the door to the room, there was an overpowering smell of stale cigarette smoke. I was so surprised, I went back and checked the sticker on the door a second time to confirm there was a non-smoking symbol displayed. As I sit my bag down, imagine my surprise at seeing an ashtray prominently displayed on the nightstand. Figuring it must have been an oversight and was given a former non-smoking room. The desk clerk advised me it was a smoke free room and they are required to place ashtrays in all rooms. Seriously? In what universe? In all my travels, I have NEVER booked a non-smoking room and been greeted by the stench of smoke and an ashtray. Further irony was the cigarette burn marks on the tub edge. The heat/AC unit was covered in a visible layer of dirt and hair. Attempting to make the best of it, I sat on the bed to try and relax, discovered my feet were black and furry with lint and hair from walking about the room. The final revulsion was pulling back the top sheets and blankets and finding 3 long dark hairs on top of the fitted sheet. They certainly did not come from my blonde head. The clerk at the front desk could have cared less. Will certainly NEVER stay there again and fully plan on telling every single person I know about this dump. Seriously, if this is the only hotel/ motel with vacancy, I would sleep in my car next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ddrpent2000
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

First I stayed across the street at ramada. It was not a good stay. We had some people on our team that stayed here at motel 6 and were happy.

I switched to motel 6 and saved 70 bucks a night. The room was cleaner and brighter than the other motel. They didn't have breakfast, but with the money I saved my boy and I had a good breakfast and still saved money.

Great little motel. Friendly staff.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank mike50401
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just needed a place to sleep en route to New Orleans. The rate was reasonable but we certainly got what we paid for. The bottoms of our feet got dirty from walking barefoot on the floor. The towels were stained and discolored. Our non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. Don't go there!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple