“History, great drink specials, and FANTASTIC food!”

The First Ward House
Ranked #25 of 215 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Maryville, Missouri, United States
“History, great drink specials, and FANTASTIC food!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I tried First Ward House for the first time since the new owners took control of the property, and I was very, very impressed. The building has been greatly improved with a fantastic atmosphere, new menus, and great new owners who are passionate about what they do. I went with a group of four, and we all got something different. I tried everyone elses food, and loved all of them! Not to mention, the bar had great specials, and my server brought me a new beer which is now my favorite! They are doing great things with the historical building and restuarant, and i see this place quickly climbing this trip advisor list to being top 5! LOCAL FAVORITE! Go and try it, you will love the specials, food, live music, and history!

• Visited February 2013