“One of my favorite restaurants”

Boudreaux's Louisiana Seafood
Ranked #4 of 214 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Windsor, Canada
“One of my favorite restaurants”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I'm originally from St. Joe and Boudreaux's is a place I always make sure we go back to when I'm in town. On our most recent trip to Boudreaux's, we started with the catfish pieces, a nicer version of fish sticks, and they were excellent. For my entree, I had the crawfish etouffe with fried crawfish tails and it was delicious! Everything I've had at Boudreaux's has always been excellent. That said, the service is quite often rather slow. The restaurant quite often seems to be understaffed as we had difficulty getting our waiter's attention to get the check. The amazing food definitely makes up for the sometimes lacking wait staff, though!

Newtown, Connecticut
“Nice but...”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The restaurant itself was nice. Seemed very light and fun. The food itself was bland, service was decent.

Started with the Shrimp and Oyster En Brochettes but they have not had oysters for sometime according to the server. Okay so it was shrimp and shrimp. Battered shrimp deep fried, and wrapped in bacon. No taste. As someone else had said, as a restaurant it was good but for Cajun food I would rate it a C or C-.

Main course was chicken and shrimp jambalaya. White tasteless rice, watery and weak taste to the dish itself that definitely had a lot left desired for good food from what is supposed to be a Cajun restaurant. No better than what I would expect at Bennigans or T.G.I.Fridays.

I will only rate this as average, as poor is a little harsh. I wish there was something in between.

• Visited August 2014
Reno, NV
“Lunch was so good I went back again for dinner.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great atmosphere. The food was excellent and I enjoyed the selection of draft beers. The bartender provided good service as I dined at the bar.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good place to stop in St. Joe”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stopped at Boudreax's for dinner on a Friday evening, just passing through town. We found a parking spot on the street. I had called ahead to ask about parking since this is downtown, and the guy I talked with was very helpful. He mentioned that one of the parking lots across the street was available to customers, but they are all marked as private. Anyway, we were seated quickly. Their crab bisque was really delicious. I ordered a side salad and a chicken po' boy, which were OK but not exceptional. I wished I had made a full meal of the bisque! My husband found his po' boy and fries pretty average. We both had Bloody Mary's, and left without any discernible buzz. They need to put out some t-shirts with their "Laissez les bon temps roulez" logo, I would've bought one.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Beans, rice, and gumbo”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This essential watermark of a Louisiana-style restaurant easily made the grade. Seafood in the gumbo had wonderful texture with no off-putting fish smells. Rice was served on the side for the diner to add as desired. Plus, it helps the rice to maintain a firm consistency. Definitely a tasty stop.

Visited July 2014