“A better experience than other reviews.”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #158 of 222 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

Old building, clean, understaffed, short wait, good reliable Applebys food. Serious disconnect between the bar service and table service. Need staff with training. Do not go if you are in a hurry.

Reviewed 9 March 2015 via mobile

This is either a really old restaurant of the owners/managers don't like to clean. Everything was sticky and if you look up at the air vents - well we almost walked out but we had already ordered our food and we were starving as we had been traveling.
The food itself was good but they need more waitstaff and a second bartender on a busy Saturday nite.

Reviewed 23 January 2015 via mobile

I recently ate here with my husband and we loved it. Mouse waitress was so nice and polite, even though she was swamped she always made time to check on us. Everytime we go in there we are going to ask for Her. We always heard it was a bad place, but compared to the restaurant next door, it's amazing.

Reviewed 28 December 2014

The shrimp in my salad were barely cooked, still translucent. This was a to-go order so no returning it. Their Car side to-go, is like no others I've been to, you have to go inside to get your order. Found out after 12-minutes sitting in my car. The staff were none too friendly, It was like I was bothering for food. The barkeep who was checking me out was really put out that I asked for extra dressing for my husband's salad. My Asian shrimp salad was suppose to have a dressing but was miss and the barely cook shrimp. I threw that away.

Reviewed 5 October 2014

Having walked out on Whiskey Grill (separate review) because of inedible food, I am still hungry, so I go right next door to Applebees. It is also noisy, but much cleaner than the other guys. It’s Saturday night, so space is at a premium and I sit at the bar where I discover the “new improved” Applbebee’s menu and am not impressed. Hey, guys, we are in St. Joseph, MO. Who needs Asian menus on something that’s supposed to be all-American fare?
Anyway, I end up ordering chicken wings and they are crisp and just right. Meantime, the drinks are coming from a limited Scotch selection, but the are OK size.