“good down home country cooking; very tasty baked chicken”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #17 of 214 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ballwin, Missouri
“good down home country cooking; very tasty baked chicken”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Contrary to some of the other reviews, I haven't found Old Cracker Barrel's to necessarily be all that consistent. This is a chain which offers Southern style home cooking. I have had some excellent meals at them and some not so good. The baked chicken at this one was very good as were the sides that came with it. I wish I could say that was true all the time, but it isn't. Based on my meal here, I think this is a good one.

• Visited October 2013

Overland Park, Kansas
“Home Cooking”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Most folks know what they will get at Cracker Barrel. It's a bout as close as you can get to home cooking at a chain restaurant. family had pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. and enjoyed the meal at a reasonable price.

Visited July 2014
Parshall, North Dakota
“Traditional Southern Food”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

If you like southern food, Cracker Barrel is the place to be. From fried chicken and grits, to fried okra and turnip greens. I had a house salad with my meal, which the salad was a meal, itself! I order the rib eye steak, which the menu claimed had been aged for 28 days. The steak was fairly tough, although the rest of the meal was good. I had never tried turnip greens before, so I gave them a whirl. They were ok, but I would not order them again. It is all good, though, I like trying different foods. You never know what you may like unless you try it. The country store in Cracker Barrels and the quaint atmosphere are a plus.

• Visited March 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Comfort food of consistent good quality”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Busy on a Sunday morning but this is to be expected by this restaurant chain. We stopped as we were traveling along the Interstate but could tell there were many local families. Loved the warm wood fireplace blazing this am. Very friendly wait staff despite the busy atmosphere. Always enjoy checking out the gifts hop. They have a great variety that varies from region to region.

• Visited March 2014
Savannah
“Old Fashioned Good Food”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We have eaten at this Cracker Barrel on an average of 2 times a month I have never been disappointed by quality of food, or by the service. Sometimes you may have to wait 5-10 minutes for a table depending on time of day. This about average Have great tasting desserts. Sometimes it is a little noisey but this is a sign of everyone having agood time.......

• Visited February 2014