“Nasty food (wings)!”

Ranked #161 of 216 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Nasty food (wings)!”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I went there to see if their hot wings were good. Surely a Sports Bar And Grill would have good hot wings, I thought- plus this place seemed big and well-known in St. Joe. I sat down and not 5 minutes later a group of 5 smokers sat down next to me, forcing me to crowd to a corner of the bar. I ordered hot wings and a side and they came out in acceptable time. They were absolutely the WORST smelling, and tasting, hot wings I have ever been served! The actually smelled like wet feathers and old grease and the taste wasn't much better. I only ate about a third of them-then felt sick afterwards. The bar tender saw that I didn't eat many of them and didn't even care to ask me how they were- she's lucky because I would have told her-but I'm not paid to be their food consultant. Now I read they have COCKROACHES!!!. If ever there was a place for a reality show "Bar Rescue" this place is it. I was VERY disappointed. Oh-well..back to the chain for good wings. (Wish there was a Hooters or Show Me's in St.J!) .

• Visited November 2012
avz1000, Manager at Legends Sports Cafe, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
First of all, I'm sorry you didn't like the wings. I'm not sure what could have been wrong with them, but most everyone seems to really enjoy them. Personally, I don't like the hot wings, because I don't like the "hotness", but I will usually have one of the other flavors we serve. But our customers who eat the hot wings like them.

Also, I'm sorry the server didn't follow up with you on how you were doing and why you didn't eat your order. Customer service is a priority with us and I'm doing everything I can to make sure our staff treats everyone well.

As far as the other past comments, I can only tell you that we have new management and are focusing on every part of what we do here from customer service, to cleanliness, to food quality and everything else in between.

Also, in this time of restaurant chains taking over, yes, it's difficult for all locally-owned, independent operations to keep up. Again, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us and hope we can do better for you next time.

Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not locals, Not wanted.”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My boyfriend and I had been looking forward to watching the Nebraska game, even took off work to go out to some bars in Saint Joseph, where we recently moved. When we walked in we were recognized as husker fans and seemed to get nice seats and attention from the manager. However our server Ben "had never seen us in there before" (which we have been in a few times) and made me stand up to prove I was 5'5 ft. tall before he served us a drink. When "returning" my I.D instead of handing it back he threw it on the table and walked away like he didn't believe me. Being a server, I understand that he had to be safe however if he didn't want to serve me then he didn't have to. He kept up with our drinks and overall wasn't bad server but was just not friendly, and acted like we weren't welcome. Needless to say we left by half time and enjoyed our night somewhere else. The reason we came to Legends was because they advertise as a big husker bar however they should really try to be more accepting to people who don't have "saint joseph" on their I.D, sorry not everyone is a local. Food was average, and came out fast.

• Visited September 2012
I sent you a private response, but also want to apologize publicly. I'm sorry that you were not treated well. Customer service has become a priority for us and we are working to make sure that EVERYBODY gets treated well and has a good experience, regardless of where there ID might say they are from.

Yes, we have promoted Legends as being a welcome place to watch Nebraska games. I am from Lincoln myself and was originally behind the idea of becoming a "watch site" for games, knowing that there are Nebraska fans everywhere who like to go out and watch games. We want to make it fun for everyone.

I encourage everyone to let us know, good or bad, about their experiences here. If they are good, we'll know we're doing something right...if bad, we can do what we can to correct it. Thanks!
lincoln, NE
“average food/terrible service”
Reviewed 9 September 2010

My husband and I stopped in to Legends while passing through St. Joseph. We were told by the folks at the hotel we were staying at we could get a decent meal and watch college football at Legends. Upon walking in, we were not greetedm so after a few minutes we seated ourselves. My husband approached the bar after sitting at the table unnoticed for at least ten minutes. A server finally came to the table to take our order. The food came out fairly quickly, but was edible at best. Our server never came back to check on us--our drinks went dry long before we could choke our food down. It seemed others were getting decent service, and we had to wonder if it was because we weren't from St. Joseph.

st joseph missouri
“needs to change back to how it use to be.”
Reviewed 2 February 2010

i used to go 3 times a week many things has went down hill, 1. the food went down hill all the fried food cooked in old grease. 2. the service at the tables the watresses ignore you. 3. major problem the manager bill and his wife sits at the bar and get drunk and on sunday nights go to tucks and there actions makes people leave its sad. 4.tucks used to play all kinds of music now is all head banging. 5, your advertising has went down hill. 6. i think the owners need to take a real hard look at the way the manager is running the place and the manager does not need to drink where he works. 7. scale thourgh 1-10 used to be a 8 now i rate you has a 2. I hope this helps the owners. Amy and q and rudy does great,

Missouri
“TOO LOUD , SMOKE FILLED , SERVERS will ignor you...”
Reviewed 6 April 2009

Had ocasion to go in for a "quick beer".

Place was so noisy with the DJ that you had to yell to talk across the table.

As I came in, two in our party were asked what they wanted. They got beers and walked to the table. I stood just behind them and the girl at the bar just walked away. She leaned on her chair and staried at me. After about three minutes she asked if I wanted something. I got the beer and went to the table.

After an hour or "SUCKING IN SMOKE" and "YELLING" I went to the parking lot where someone had hit my vehicle and went on down the road.