“Excellent German Buffet!”

Ranked #5 of 217 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We Are Opened Mon--fri--11 To 2 Dinner Buffet Friday Nights 5 To 7 Reservations Are Needed For Friday Nights Closed Saturday & Sunday
Saint Joseph, MO
“Excellent German Buffet!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I've had foods from all over the world, but German was something relatively new to my palate. I have to say that I wasn't expecting much, considering how inexpensive the price was for the Friday night buffet, so I was more than surprised at both the quality of the food and the wonderful service! I was also surprised at how busy it was, considering how it's away from any business district. But apparently this place is a beacon for repeat restaurant goers, because it was packed. Reservations are required for Friday night, but they do have lunch during the week, although it's not buffet style.

1 Thank MichaelBlake1962

St. Jospeh
“Ok for local german food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've eaten there twice and have enjoyed it but I'm from Minnesota and there are two authentic german restaraunts there that my husband I really enjoyed.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Cheryl L
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friday ”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Great Friday night buffet with a large selection of food at a reasonable price. The deserts are the best in town.

1 Thank Mark C
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Great Friday evening German Buffet”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We have travelled extensively and enjoy authentic German cuisine, and this small, locally owned and operated restaurant was great. Food was as near authentic as I have had anywhere, and the service was wonderful. Friday evening reservations are really a must as they are quite popular. If you really like German cuisine, this is probably the best in the Midwest. Beverages, including their own blend of coffee, are included, as well as a dessert bar. Their buffet menu changes every Friday, and you can contact them to find out what is being served in coming weeks. Enjoy......

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Arobat
Atlanta, Georgia
“Super Choice, Super Value”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stopped for lunch at The Cabbage Roll and are so glad we did. Lunch for two cost less than we would have paid for two of the usual fast food combo meals. Best of all, it tasted so good! We had a combo plate with a Polish sausage, pierogi, and stuffed cabbage plus two sides. Yum! A variety of sandwiches and salads are also offered at very reasonable prices. Lunch was so filling that we had no room left to sample any of the beautiful homemade desserts. Service was friendly and efficient. Take time to look at the knick-knacks, and be sure to mark your hometown with a pushpin on the USA map.

• Visited November 2013