“Filling but nothing special”

Cheddar's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 220 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were excited to try Cheddar's. Since I love burgers, I had the Mushroom cheese burger and my husband had the chicken fried steak.
The burger was average in flavor and extremely hot in the center, as though it had been microwaved. It was the smallest 8 oz burger I've had in a long time. The cheese was a white american. the bun did have a nice grilled crunch to it. Overall nothing special. The french fries were ok, not worth an additional $1.99. We should have ordered the onion rings which looked great at the next table.
My husband was disappointed with his chicken fried steak. It was greasy as though it had been deep fried. The "off the cob" corn was ordinary corn and he expected something fresher.
We were there at 11:30 am on a Monday and immediately got a table.

The service was good, friendly and attentive.

There are newer reviews for Cheddar's Restaurant

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Always consistent. Always. good. Not outstanding. Just really good. The onion rings are fantastic. Don't miss these.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Our menus were gross greasy and covered in old food. Told our waitress and she just looked at us blankly and put them back with the others. Ahe rushed us to order and then never came back to check.on us one we had our food. I have.had wonderful food and service.here before and must say I am quite disappointed. :(

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The wife and myself have been to Cheddar's three times since we've moved to the area and each time has been fantastic. I have heard of the long wait times, but honestly we've always been immediately seated. Personally, I think all of the people in St. Joseph are a little weird so that could explain why the staff just seems off to me.

The ambiance is excellent with exposed beams and bricks throughout the place. The low lighting can be a pain sometimes, but the environment is appeasing. The menu has a wide variety of options, but both my wife and I typically stay with one or two selections. As another reviewer has mentioned the croissants are excellent!

I'd also recommend the onion rings, they are lightly battered with a little bit of spice on them. We order them and do not even finish half of them, such a large portion! Every food item that we've tried has been excellent and plentiful, but the Sheppard's pie, that was merely just ok.

For such a complete dinner, the price is usually pretty good. I think we typically spent around $25 between the both of us. I honestly can only think of maybe three restaurants in St. Joseph that are better than this.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I grabbed lunch here. The salads are amazing and mixed drinks are soo good. You must eat a warm croissant. Everything we ate was perfect. I was not a huge fan of Cheddars before this meal, but, it really made me a fan. The icing on the cake was our bill. Their prices are unbeatable. I've been to 2 other Cheddars in VA, and was unimpressed, this one really is worth trying. I'll be back!!!