“Very Bland...”

La Mesa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 220 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was very disappointed in the quality of the food. It was extremely bland, no taste whatsoever. Our basket of chips seemed to be very stale, not good at all. I had ordered the Guacamole Salad, and was surprised to see that it consisted of mostly iceberg lettuce, a few diced tomatoes, small amount of shredded white cheese and a "glop" of guacamole on top. The service was minimal, My glass of water had been empty for quite some time before our waiter came to refill. Was not the best experience for Mexican food at all.

There are newer reviews for La Mesa Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 25 April 2014

First..why does a picture of the Ramada Hotel show up for La Mesa Mexican restaurant?
My husband and I stopped by the Belt La Mesa on our way to Maryville. We had a great time at the bar talking to the bartender. Food was very good. Margaritas were good. Great people watching. We also ate at the older La Mesa a couple of days later on a Sunday because NOTHING else was open in St. Joe on Sunday. We enjoyed it again. Good people watching at that location as well. Very entertaining.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Everything is fresh. Dishes are appealing and huge. Most are very tasty. Often, they offer nice specials. Good price for what you get. Nothing seems to be packaged.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I come to St Jos several times a yr. to see family & La Massas is one place I always go to. Been to the one on Belt hwy while other lactation was close. Food is great at both places but I think the Belt Hwy is better. Chips are the best. & I really like the cheese sauce. I've not been disappointed ever! Service staff are really good, very a tentative. Prices are decent as well.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

It was a nice looking place, but the food sucked, it had no flavor at all the cheese sauce or what some call caso well cardboard has more flavor, the meat had no taste, it was like someone had cook a sock with it. Other than the way the placed looked and the lady who was very nice and looked very beautiful, you would have to be drunker than 19 Indians to not no what your eating and so hunger, like you have not eating in a week to eat that crap. Me nore my hole family will never step in on agin. Why have such a nice place and feed people that and then make them pay there and at home, You need to get some good cooks who know how to make food, I have been to the ones in Texas and that is why I went to this one, BOY WAS I WRONG.