Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Cleanest room we have ever been in. High ceilings, big rooms & a very nice free breakfast. The decor is in the great outdoors style, very nice. Front desk helpful & very friendly. Will visit again. Oh, in the fall of 2014 there will be a new one finished in Indep.,MO, next to Bass Pro.

Room Tip: For a few $ more you can get a fridg & microwave, was very helpful since my husband had meetings...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sweepea1
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear sweetpea1, Thanks so much for the kind words! Our entire staff takes great pride in their work, so cleanliness and friendliness are at the top of our daily ‘things to do’ list. We look forward to your next visit whether it’s here or maybe when Independence opens this fall! We hope you won’t wait that long to return but, either way, thanks and see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I came down and spent the weekend just to get away. It was very enjoyable. Beds were comfortable, everyone was very friendly. Breakfast was delicious. My husband and I said we wanted to pack the room up and take it home with us. We couldn't hear a bunch of traffic even though we were close to the highway. We slept like babies.. We will be coming back again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori M
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This was my first time at a Stoney Creek Hotel, and I left being very pleased with the hotel. I enjoyed the decor very much, but more importantly the room was very clean and comfortable. The service was first rate, and the pool area is fantastic for families. Nice to see hotels with large pool areas, they are harder to find now days.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We love Stoney Creek. We stay here often. We come to visit family and we love staying here for the pool and hot tub. The rooms are nice and feel like home! They also have a nice breakfast that comes with your stay. You won't be disappointed. Also the general manager Kara is so friendly and always makes sure we are well taken care of!!! Thanks Kara! Joan P

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joansky
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have stayed here several times since last April, never a bad experience. The rooms are always clean, the beds are always comfortable, and the check in is fast and convienent. The dinning area is always being cleaned by the same pleasant, older lady and she keeps the place well stocked and neat. This hotel is worth the money and very close to Texas Longhorn, Red Lobster, Kristin's Jelwrey Store, and a Mall. Right off I-35.

Room Tip: Book on-line and save a little. Bring your own alcohol because the bar closes early.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the stoney creek when I was attending a dog show. The rooms were great and the hotel was adorable. I also appreciated that they had plowed the parking lot from snow. Would most definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If traveling with a pet stay towards the back door, it has a great area for your pets out back.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Greyhound14Miami
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I/have previously stayed at the Stoney Creek Inn in Columbia, More and this hotel did not compare to the Columbia hotel. Upon check-in, we were greeted by who I assume was the manager of hotel based in his attire. The check-in was very easy and quick. We got the room and upon inspecting the room, we found there was a crack in the sink area, and the smoke detector was hanging by a wire from the ceiling. We reported this to the manager and during this time I heard his cell phone notification tone from the back room, which was an inappropriate ringtone and made an uncomfortable interaction with him after I had heard this. I believe the phone should not have been audible to visitors. The breakfast was enjoyable the next morning. After breakfast I had fallen asleep again and while I was asleep the housekeeping person had knocked in the door and I had responded to her to indicate that I was still in the room, this was a few hours before check out, she said she would come back later. About a half an hour later the housekeeper had come back and without a knock had opened the door to our room. Now, I am really only upset because there was not a knock on the door before entering the room, and I am only embarrassed since they had seen me sleeping in my underwear. But this hotel chains is one of my favorites and I always go out of my way to stay at these hotels, but I may spend my money elsewhere the next time I am in St. Joseph. The Columbia location is better than this one though. Just , my opinion though.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
#9 of 12 in Saint Joseph
Candlewood Suites St Joseph
Candlewood Suites St Joseph
#5 of 12 in Saint Joseph

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph? Share your experiences!