“Nelly's Mexican Restaurant, St. Joseph, Mo.”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Nelly's Mexican Restaurant, St. Joseph, Mo.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A quiet little family restaurant with great friendly, fast service and pretty good food. The menu selection is huge and the restaurant is always clean. Good for yourself or for a large group. I've eaten there several times and never had a complaint! The food is much the same as you would find in other Mexican restaurants in the area.

• Visited May 2014

Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Muy Bueno!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

What a lovely surprise! This is quite the little gem in St. Joseph! As we walked into the restaurant, we were pleasantly surprised with the cultural decor and music. We were quickly seated and the service was excellent. The food was wonderful, beginning with the chips and authentic homemade salsa to our entree dishes consisting of tostada, tacos, enchilada, rice and beans. Muchos gracias for a terrific meal experience!

• Visited May 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Very Impressive, Even If It's Not In Texas!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I drive a truck over-the-road and often stop at the Love's Travel Center next door to walk over here to eat. Their Quesa Blanca Dip and chips is awesome- especially with some ground beef mixed in!

I'm from San Antonio, Texas and this is about as close as many can get to Tex-Mex food this far north!

• Visited March 2014
Longview, NC
“a good little Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I was very pleased to see this Mexican restaurant within walking distance of the truck stop that I was parked at. the food was good the price is pretty average for this type of restaurant. The service was good as well.

• Visited April 2013
bay st louis
“some good some not so good”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I can say that I did like the chips, and the bean dip and there were other people in the place getting food that was likely much better than what I was served. I hate to down a place on one visit but I was offered a choice of chicken or beef I picked beef. I can say there idea of beef and mine was not the same. It was not very good very, mushy and taste like very fatty. That being said if i would have said chicken I thank I would have liked the food. Other than the beef used in the dish all the other stuff was fresh and looked and tasted good in. Even with the issue I had I would eat there again just would go with Chicken and not the beef. Service was also very good and fast.

• Visited December 2012